Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally applied for my CHP

Finally applied for my CHP

Yesterday morning I sat at my desk and finally decided after having lived in the great Commonwealth for over six months it was time to get my CHP. So I did my online certificate, filled out my application, ran across the street to get a bank check for $50.00, and drove down to the circuit court.

Handed everything to the clerk got a dated receipt and now I wait. She told me I will have my permit in no longer then 45 days. I asked if it really takes that long she said usually not depends how busy they are.
    "Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again"

c'ville city or albemarle county?
    “For life, liberty and Little Lizzie.” - John Connor (2005)

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    online certificate
    oh no!
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Great news Jay, whoopee......
    Last edited by peter nap; 01-27-2012 at 09:46 AM.

Thumbs down I forget, Peter...

What forum are we on again?
    The quiet war has begun, with silent weapons
    And the newest slavery is to keep the people poor, and stupid
    Novos ordo seclorum ~ Mustaine

Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by wylde007 View Post
    Open Carry With a Permit So You Can Exercerise Your Privilage Under Color of Rights....
    or sumpin like that.

Last edited by peter nap; 01-27-2012 at 10:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ProShooter View Post
    oh no!
    My sentiments as well but I always get beaten up by the "Constitutionalists" on the forum for my belief that a handgun carrier should have to demonstrate hands-on proof of safety awareness and shooting competency.
    Daily carry: SIG P229 .40 S&W

Red face You almost owed me a new keyboard

Funney, Nap. Very Funney.

Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    My sentiments as well but I always get beaten up by the "Constitutionalists" on the forum for my belief that a handgun carrier should have to demonstrate hands-on proof of safety awareness and shooting competency.
    And well you should....
    "The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good." - George Washington

I am not getting it so I will not open carry (as this is my prefer d method) I am getting it so I can open carry with a threaded barrel (yeah yeah that is it)

Actually there are a few times that I would like to carry where OC is not widely accepted so I would rather conceal then stir the pot.
    "Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again"

Quote Originally Posted by mk4 View Post
    c'ville city or albemarle county?

Albemarle County

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    Open Carry With a Permit So You Can Exercerise Your Privilage Under Color of Rights....
    or sumpin like that.

Funny. Almost, but not quite, blow milk out of your nose funny. But funny.

That could almost be a "provide your own caption" sort of thing.

oh no!

Sorry Jim do not feel the need to take a full basic safety class as I already have done twice over the years. However I somehow managed to lose both certificates during my travels.

I will be in contact with you late spring early summer I would like you to help the other half with her basic shooting, and I am interested in taking your defensive handgun class.

I am not getting it so I will not open carry (as this is my prefer d method) I am getting it so I can open carry with a threaded barrel (yeah yeah that is it)

Actually there are a few times that I would like to carry where OC is not widely accepted so I would rather conceal then stir the pot.
    It's good to have a permit, so he can go to other states and carry, ALSO that crappy 1000foot law thingy.
    How come a DUI you can get your driver licence back, which it is a privilege. But if commiting a felon, even something non violent like stealing, you are denied your constitutional rights for the rest of your life?
    If you don't support the Second Amendment to the Constitution, what other parts of the Constitution do you reject?
    More restrictions on guns? how about restrictions on chainsaws and knives?

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by ocholsteroc View Post
    ALSO that crappy 1000foot law thingy.
    A federal law which, to the best of my knowledge, has never been prosecuted as an independent charge.

It certainly has never been prosecuted by local or state police.

A federal law which, to the best of my knowledge, has never been prosecuted as an independent charge.

It certainly has never been prosecuted by local or state police.
    No, but it's like getting pregnant from a public toilet seat....sure has a lot of the ladies spooked.

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
    Sorry Jim do not feel the need to take a full basic safety class as I already have done twice over the years. However I somehow managed to lose both certificates during my travels.

I will be in contact with you late spring early summer I would like you to help the other half with her basic shooting, and I am interested in taking your defensive handgun class.
    Sorry that we couldn't help you this time around......I'll be happy to help you with whatever you need in the future.
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

[QUOTE=
    or sumpin like that.

That's hilarious. I do both OC and CC, but I am still laughing.

Well called the county clerk yesterday asking for status. She asked for my name then put me on hold. She came back and said the judge just signed it, but she had to do the card and that would take 1-2 weeks . I explained to her that 45 days would be up Sunday, and I would be down on Monday to collect either my card or my application to serve as my defacto permit signed by her as I am entitled to per Virginia Statue. Her remark to me was looks like someone has done their homework. I responded with yes maam. She said well will see and hung up. I received a phone call three hours later that it was ready so I drove right on down and picked it up.

Well called the county clerk yesterday asking for status. She asked for my name then put me on hold. She came back and said the judge just signed it, but she had to do the card and that would take 1-2 weeks . I explained to her that 45 days would be up Sunday, and I would be down on Monday to collect either my card or my application to serve as my defacto permit signed by her as I am entitled to per Virginia Statue. Her remark to me was looks like someone has done their homework. I responded with yes maam. She said well will see and hung up. I received a phone call three hours later that it was ready so I drove right on down and picked it up.
    I don't care about the permit one way or the other Jay ....but GOOD FOR YOU for knowing the law and holding her nose to the grindstone!!!!!!!!!

Tsk, tsk, those pesky people who do their homework!

TFred

I don't care about the permit one way or the other Jay ....but GOOD FOR YOU for knowing the law and holding her nose to the grindstone!!!!!!!!!

1+
    I told you they would pull that non sense, glad you held their feet to the fire.
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

I don't care about the permit one way or the other Jay
    I know most people won't

....but GOOD FOR YOU for knowing the law and holding her nose to the grindstone!!!!!!!!!
    This really was the only reason why I posted it and thanks

oh no!
    Not sure what the problem is with getting the certificate on line. This is not to say that I do not support the training classe. But my question is, if you support constitutional carry, then people would not have to have training, just wondering what the difference is.

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic View Post
    Not sure what the problem is with getting the certificate on line. This is not to say that I do not support the training classe. But my question is, if you support constitutional carry, then people would not have to have training, just wondering what the difference is.
    Jim doesn't get paid!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast