• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Finally applied for my CHP

Jay

Yesterday morning I sat at my desk and finally decided after having lived in the great Commonwealth for over six months it was time to get my CHP. So I did my online certificate, filled out my application, ran across the street to get a bank check for $50.00, and drove down to the circuit court.

Handed everything to the clerk got a dated receipt and now I wait. She told me I will have my permit in no longer then 45 days. I asked if it really takes that long she said usually not depends how busy they are.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Great news Jay, whoopee......:(
lens17546898_1295379547bored-logo.jpg

Last edited:

Felix

My sentiments as well but I always get beaten up by the "Constitutionalists" on the forum for my belief that a handgun carrier should have to demonstrate hands-on proof of safety awareness and shooting competency.

Jay

What forum are we on again?

I am not getting it so I will not open carry (as this is my prefer d method) I am getting it so I can open carry with a threaded barrel :) (yeah yeah that is it)

Actually there are a few times that I would like to carry where OC is not widely accepted so I would rather conceal then stir the pot.

Glockster

Open Carry With a Permit So You Can Exercerise Your Privilage Under Color of Rights....
or sumpin like that.

permit.jpg

Funny. Almost, but not quite, blow milk out of your nose funny. But funny.

That could almost be a "provide your own caption" sort of thing.

Jay

Sorry Jim do not feel the need to take a full basic safety class as I already have done twice over the years. However I somehow managed to lose both certificates during my travels.

I will be in contact with you late spring early summer I would like you to help the other half with her basic shooting, and I am interested in taking your defensive handgun class.

ocholsteroc

I am not getting it so I will not open carry (as this is my prefer d method) I am getting it so I can open carry with a threaded barrel :) (yeah yeah that is it)

Actually there are a few times that I would like to carry where OC is not widely accepted so I would rather conceal then stir the pot.

It's good to have a permit, so he can go to other states and carry, ALSO that crappy 1000foot law thingy.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
A federal law which, to the best of my knowledge, has never been prosecuted as an independent charge.

It certainly has never been prosecuted by local or state police.

No, but it's like getting pregnant from a public toilet seat....sure has a lot of the ladies spooked.:uhoh:

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
Sorry Jim do not feel the need to take a full basic safety class as I already have done twice over the years. However I somehow managed to lose both certificates during my travels.

I will be in contact with you late spring early summer I would like you to help the other half with her basic shooting, and I am interested in taking your defensive handgun class.

Sorry that we couldn't help you this time around......I'll be happy to help you with whatever you need in the future. :)

Sheriff

Albemarle County

Good thing you had to apply in the county. The city judge is going to be tied up on the infamous UVA murder trial for the next 30 days minimum. This would certainly cause a delay in the city most likely.

Keep us posted as to how quickly Albemarle Judge Higgins issues this permit.

Jay

Well called the county clerk yesterday asking for status. She asked for my name then put me on hold. She came back and said the judge just signed it, but she had to do the card and that would take 1-2 weeks :banghead: . I explained to her that 45 days would be up Sunday, and I would be down on Monday to collect either my card or my application to serve as my defacto permit signed by her as I am entitled to per Virginia Statue. Her remark to me was looks like someone has done their homework. I responded with yes maam. She said well will see and hung up. I received a phone call three hours later that it was ready so I drove right on down and picked it up. :banana: