Thread: WI State legislature wants to EXPAND school zone

Founder's Club Member bnhcomputing's Avatar

WI State legislature wants to EXPAND school zone

Here come the NEW restrictions. At a time when we should be doing AWAY with the GFSZ, the state legislature wants to EXPAND the definition:
    http://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/2011/proposals/AB500

Herr Heckler Koch
    "school" includes only a facility that is dedicated to educational programming.

The truth is out, "programming" as education.

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    I would suggest that we support this only if they do the following:

Amend 948.605(2)(b)(1m) to "A person who possesses the firearm in accordance with 18 USC 922 (q) (2) (B) (i), (ii), (iv), (v), (vi), or (vii).
    Last edited by paul@paul-fisher.com; 01-27-2012 at 09:39 AM. Reason: Added banghead.

Founder's Club Member bnhcomputing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by paul@paul-fisher.com View Post
    I would suggest that we support this only if they do the following:
    Paul, ARE YOU SERIOUS??? We should support this? We should SUPPORT further restriction on those who do NOT have a license/permit? REALLY?

I respectfully disagree. There is NO WAY any true freedom minded person should support this, NO WAY!

Edit: for grammar
    Last edited by bnhcomputing; 01-27-2012 at 09:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bnhcomputing View Post
    Paul, ARE YOU SERIOUS??? We should support this? We should SUPPORT further restriction on those who do NOT have a license/permit? REALLY?

I respectfully disagree. There is NO WAY any true freedom minded person should support this, NO WAY!

Sorry, forgot my eyeroll.

The good thing is the only people signed onto this are Democrats.

As a side note, did you notice what I actually was asking for? I was making it so that CCL holders can carry IN SCHOOL!

I know we need to get rid of the Federal GFSZ but this at least would bring the WI in to line to being no MORE restrictive than the Federal one.
    Last edited by paul@paul-fisher.com; 01-27-2012 at 09:40 AM.

Partial quote

Schultz is a Republican. He might as well run as a Democrat and make it offical.
    When in danger you can dial 911 and hope for the police to arrive a few minutes later armed with guns.
    Why do police carry guns?

The Joyce Foundation funded firearm control empire:
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...lFundingR1.png

"Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by bnhcomputing View Post

I caught the sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by BROKENSPROKET View Post
    I caught the sarcasm.
    I taught you well young Jedi.

"Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Sorry, forgot my eyeroll.

As a side note, did you notice what I actually was asking for? I was making it so that CCL holders can carry IN SCHOOL!

I know we need to get rid of the Federal GFSZ but this at least would bring the WI in to line to being no MORE restrictive than the Federal one.
    I read the bill and I think I understand Huberts exclamation.

This would also inlcude DayCare faciliites that qualifiy as pre, 4, 5 Kindergarten and that would be alot of them.

I still agree with you Paul, ONLY if they Amend

948.605(2)(b)(1m) to "A person who possesses the firearm in accordance with 18 USC 922 (q) (2) (B) (i), (ii), (iv), (v), (vi), or (vii).
    That would still be a loss of Rights and an advance or Privileges. I could live with it, if I had too. But understand, this would take us one step closer to not even being able to own a gun without a permit.

Quote Originally Posted by Flipper View Post
    Partial quote

Schultz is a Republican. He might as well run as a Democrat and make it offical.
    What the @!@!$. Schultz supported Constitutional Carry from the beginning and now he supports this. Maybe we could sart a petition to have him listed as Democrat is he won't run as one.

I spoke with Rep Tom Tiffany and he said he will vote against this bill.

While I agree that any expansion of places is bad,
    if WI law simply said "carried in agreement with 18USC922(q)(2)(B)" *,
    and we could get rid of that federal code,
    poof! magically we'd have (some) rights restored & people in places like Vermont (which doesn't issue licenses) or states which don't issue non-resident licenses wouldn't have to worry about potentially being slapped with a federal crime when all they did was drive their kid to school while being able to defend self & kid.

* Which, BTW, is on page 5 of that PDF, & in toto allows carrying by licensees AND U&E by non-licensees, even in buildings.
    I can't find the bit that defines "school zone"... help? IIRC Federal law treats the building the same as 999' from the property, but I can't find the code supporting that idea.

Here's the actual text of AB500.
    I started to say it does not include day cares, but then I searched the WI statutes for a definition of pre-kindergarten & can't find one... They define kindergarten, including 4K.
    Besides, how many kindergartens are there that aren't already part of a K-whatever school?

[added a couple hours later]
    I had a nice conversation w/ a lady at WI DPI [800 441 4563 press 6, ask for Jill Hagland]

I tried to get them to tell me
    a) how many unattached pre-K & K4 there are in the state
    and
    b) what's the definition of pre-K [statute]

In reverse order:
    b) She says there is no statutory definition of pre-K. THIS IS A PROBLEM

a) A pre-K can be privately run in a day care or other setting, but has to get public funding & meet statutory definitions.
    A private school has to be multiple grades, so they're not included in the expansion problem of this law.

She told me there have been "pre-K" day cares which have tried to get "20mph school zone" signs on the road in front of their facility, & have been told they can't because they're not a school.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

I have been told by someone who should know that this bill (AB500) is dead for this session.

Oh God. The childrenzes.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Why the funk can't they understand that you cant legislate safety, you can only educate safety?
    Last edited by bigdaddy1; 03-09-2012 at 09:49 PM.
    What part of "shall not be infringed" don't you understand?

Herr Heckler Koch
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddy1 View Post
    Why ... can't they understand that you cant legislate safety, you can only educate safety?
    Does educating safety work better than educating grammar or calculus? I don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Herr Heckler Koch View Post
    Does educating safety work better than educating grammar or calculus? I don't think so.
    In regards to firearms I would think educating safety is far more effective than grammar would be. I don't think calculus would be particularly helpful either.
    Last edited by bigdaddy1; 03-09-2012 at 09:49 PM.
    What part of "shall not be infringed" don't you understand?

Regular Member oliverclotheshoff's Avatar
    no it might not be BETTER but it would be better than nothing
    but i do think there would be one hell if an interest in school if hey had a firearms safety course i had a archery section in gym class when i was in high school and i really paid attention during that part if gym class
    some education is better than no education
    Last edited by oliverclotheshoff; 03-10-2012 at 10:28 AM.
    SCOTT

"When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns"

"When seconds count police are minutes away"

"Dialing 911 only takes seconds but waiting for help may take the rest of your life"

http://g2-elite.com/phpbb/index.php Shed Hunting

Just north of the Sheeple's Republik of Madistan
    Doug/Master Doug/Herr Heckler Doug's/ idea of safety is firing a gun without hearing protection. Case closed.
    Liberty or death. We're sorry, there are no other options available at this time..........
    "Safety is the new Liberty, and recklessness is the new Freedom, and alcoholism is the new Doug Huffman."

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Plankton View Post
    Doug/Master Doug/Herr Heckler Doug's/ idea of safety is firing a gun without hearing protection. Case closed.

Just can't stay on topic, can you? if you have a problem with a forum member, please keep it in PM's to keep it out of the view of the public eye, K?

Just north of the Sheeple's Republik of Madistan
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutczak View Post
    Just can't stay on topic, can you? if you have a problem with a forum member, please keep it in PM's to keep it out of the view of the public eye, K?
    Just remember to remind Doug/Master Doug/Herr Heckler Doug/ of his off topic posts, also. K?
    Liberty or death. We're sorry, there are no other options available at this time..........
    "Safety is the new Liberty, and recklessness is the new Freedom, and alcoholism is the new Doug Huffman."

If they want to do something "for the children", they need to require all schools to have a firearm safety class at least a couple hours long, taught by a licensed firearms instructor, every year from kindergarden up. Live fire starts in JH.

Herr Heckler Koch
    Quote Originally Posted by hermannr View Post
    If they want to do something "for the children", they need to require all schools to have a firearm safety class at least a couple hours long, taught by a licensed firearms instructor, every year from kindergarden up. Live fire starts in JH.
    Why 'licensed' for children? Many of us were introduced to gun-safety by our parents before even sex-safety, and we know how well government schools and their teachers have done with that topic - and with calculus and grammar.

Unreal. I just left Hansen I nice voicemail with an invitation to call me back.

I tried explaining to him, again, that criminals dont abide by these laws that take away our freedoms and liberties.