• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Total Firearm's Indoor Range

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
You will like it. Range officers are all about the same, they tend to be controlling. But if you follow safe gun handling and appear to know what you are doing they tend to leave you alone. I have shot there a few times and never had a problem.

The targets retract so you fire at will. Follow safe gun handling and follow their rules and you should have a good time.

So, why did they leave YOU alone? :D

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
Because I didn't have a Serpa holster....they then knew I knew what I was doing....:lol:

... fine until they notice that you choose to carry a M&P 9mm. Like was stated at some time when we were discussing my holster choice... perhaps I should just carry it in my hand;)

Last edited:

onestar 50

We have one bout 30 minutes from our house. It is in Down by Browntowns even one can put the targets on a string and adjust the distance. One can shoot at one owns pace. They is no fast firing at all. One can even shoot rife in the indoor range.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
... fine until they notice that you choose to carry a M&P 9mm. Like was stated at some time when we were discussing my holster choice... perhaps I should just carry it in my hand;)

You are talking about your pistol right? Otherwise there may be other violations at play.

WilDChilD

Well we had a great time at the range. There was an RO in the room but he didnt mess with us much. After he told us the rules of the range the only other thing he said was to my wife "Are you having fun?". So RO's werent a problem. The range is pretty nice, kinda weird how many holes in the ceiling though. Not everybody knows what their doing I guess. There was a couple in the range that was new to firearms and ranger Rick gave them a free lesson. If you go make sure to have nice muffs. Dont try ear plugs. It was really loud with just plugs and had to invest in another pair of muffs. I am now wondering if there is any other indoor ranges in the lansing area to visit?

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
Well we had a great time at the range. There was an RO in the room but he didnt mess with us much. After he told us the rules of the range the only other thing he said was to my wife "Are you having fun?". So RO's werent a problem. The range is pretty nice, kinda weird how many holes in the ceiling though. Not everybody knows what their doing I guess. There was a couple in the range that was new to firearms and ranger Rick gave them a free lesson. If you go make sure to have nice muffs. Dont try ear plugs. It was really loud with just plugs and had to invest in another pair of muffs. I am now wondering if there is any other indoor ranges in the lansing area to visit?

I don't think so. If you find one let me know. There is on in Battle Creek..Freedom firearms?? Don't know about Jackson.

HKcarrier

I think there is a range out at MSU (jolly and okemos rd) but they only allow .22... so lame.

I'm not aware of any other lansing area indoor ranges.