Thread: P2P Revisited

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar

P2P Revisited

I've been thinking about how to help the poor State Police out with their budged crisis.

When Bob McDonnell was running for Governor, I suggested a plan I called P2P, to help him open the rest stops. McDonnell, being a little narrow minded, chose not to act on it.

Now that the State Police are faced with actually doing instant background checks or losing their shiny new whistles, I've hit on a plan that in conjunction with the ABC Board, will provide all the necessary funds without unduly burdening decent people.

First, since the ChiPpers want to be exempted so so badly, the permits need to be barcoded and a direct withdrawal agreement signed with heir bank.

Second, the ABC Board has to order that any establishment selling spirits, install pay toilets with card readers.

What will happen is when one needs to use the facilities in such an establishment, he will first select CHP or Free Person. Fraud will be punished as a felony.

If CHP is selected, the person will need to swipe his CHP which will be charged a $2.00 fee.

That fee will go to the maintenance and support of the instant background check program which CHiPpers will be exempted from.

It's just that simple....Pay 2 Pee

I wonder who I can get to sponsor it?
    Last edited by peter nap; 01-27-2012 at 12:05 PM.

What we really need is constitutional carry. This would eliminate the P4P dilemma altogether. While, I OC 99.9% of the time, I like having the ability to conceal. Right now, however, a CHP is the only legal way to do that so I have one.

In regards to funding for the state police, there are a number of viable options. The GA could pass a bill that says all of the proceeds from background checks must go towards completing future background checks. They could auction off confiscated guns. They could staff the background check center with trained volunteers.

I am sure anyone of us could look at the State Police budget and find the necessary funds.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd View Post
    What we really need is constitutional carry. This would eliminate the P4P dilemma altogether. While, I OC 99.9% of the time, I like having the ability to conceal. Right now, however, a CHP is the only legal way to do that so I have one.

In regards to funding for the state police, there are a number of viable options. The GA could pass a bill that says all of the proceeds from background checks must go towards completing future background checks. They could auction off confiscated guns. They could staff the background check center with trained volunteers.

I am sure anyone of us could look at the State Police budget and find the necessary funds.
    Peter, while your idea is certainly novel, I don't see it gaining much support.

Edit: Oops, I meant to edit my previous post instead of quoting myself, sorry.
    Last edited by thebigsd; 01-27-2012 at 01:13 PM.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

I'm not sure anyone noticed...but I was making fun of several groups including the State Police.

If they want to fund the program which I might add, is already fully funded, they need only instruct their officers to stop letting their cars idle for hours at a time, slow the databases that do nothing for security but invade the privacy of every citizen and perhaps keep their cars a year longer...not to mention using the space on the accelerator between all the way up, and all the way down.

I'm not really sure why we praise waste or reward an agency for essentially embezzling funds.
    Last edited by peter nap; 01-27-2012 at 01:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    I'm not sure anyone noticed...but I was making fun of several groups including the State Police.

If they want to fund the program which I might add, is already fully funded, they need only instruct their officers to stop letting their cars idle for hours at a time, slow the databases that do nothing for security but invade the privacy of every citizen and perhaps keep their cars a year longer...not to mention using the space on the accelerator between all the way up, and all the way down.

I'm not really sure why we praise waste or reward an agency for essentially embezzling funds.
    I have long suspected many of our fine officers are ex dirt bike racers. When racing dirt bikes, its all gas or all brake, no in between.

OP, your plan is admirable but doomed to failure. What is to stop a CHPer from holding their pee, using a concealed pee bag/Texas catheter, waiting for a free user to open up as they are leaving, peeing in a corner of the bathroom or even the sink, or heaven forbid in the parking lot? Will we need a new breed of specially trained Security Officer to enforce these pee laws?
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Just curious, does the VSP use sworn Troopers to do the checks? Or more reasonably priced worker bees? Or, are the positions for "light duty" Troopers?
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    peeing in a corner of the bathroom or even the sink, or heaven forbid in the parking lot? Will we need a new breed of specially trained Security Officer to enforce these pee laws?
    Those things are traditionally Southern so they could get away with it...I think a specially equiped Peetrol unit will be needed.

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    Just curious, does the VSP use sworn Troopers to do the checks? Or more reasonably priced worker bees? Or, are the positions for "light duty" Troopers?
    All under priced worker bees.

Be careful what you wish for....

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    Those things are traditionally Southern so they could get away with it...I think a specially equiped Peetrol unit will be needed.
    Looks like that special Pee-trol unit might be on the way after all!

Urinating in public; penalty. (SB626)
    Introduced By

Sen. Chap Petersen (D-Fairfax)
    Progress

Introduced

Passed Committee

Passed House

Passed Senate

Signed by Governor

Became Law
    Description

Crimes; urinating in public. Creates the crime of urinating in public, punishable as a Class 4 misdemeanor. View Full Text
    Status

01/20/2012: Awaiting a Vote in the Courts of Justice Committee