• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

P2P Revisited

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I've been thinking about how to help the poor State Police out with their budged crisis.

When Bob McDonnell was running for Governor, I suggested a plan I called P2P, to help him open the rest stops. McDonnell, being a little narrow minded, chose not to act on it.

Now that the State Police are faced with actually doing instant background checks or losing their shiny new whistles, I've hit on a plan that in conjunction with the ABC Board, will provide all the necessary funds without unduly burdening decent people.

First, since the ChiPpers want to be exempted so so badly, the permits need to be barcoded and a direct withdrawal agreement signed with heir bank.

Second, the ABC Board has to order that any establishment selling spirits, install pay toilets with card readers.

What will happen is when one needs to use the facilities in such an establishment, he will first select CHP or Free Person. Fraud will be punished as a felony.

If CHP is selected, the person will need to swipe his CHP which will be charged a $2.00 fee.

That fee will go to the maintenance and support of the instant background check program which CHiPpers will be exempted from.

It's just that simple....Pay 2 Pee

I wonder who I can get to sponsor it?

Last edited:

Sheriff

I might upset a few people here, even the VCDL. But if it helps fix the problem, I have no objection to the fee being raised to $5.00. For those who have a problem with a $5.00 fee, the gun dealer would probably pay it rather than lose a sale. We're living in a world now where MONEY is the cause of many problems. And this Instant Check is certainly caused by MONEY problems.

I don't consider this fee a "tax" in any way, shape or form. It's a fee for a required service. It's no different than the law requiring me to have my car inspected, and the inspection costing me $16.00. It's no more a tax than the renewal fee on my driver's license is. I could go on with dozens of examples, but I think you all see my point.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
What we really need is constitutional carry. This would eliminate the P4P dilemma altogether. While, I OC 99.9% of the time, I like having the ability to conceal. Right now, however, a CHP is the only legal way to do that so I have one.

In regards to funding for the state police, there are a number of viable options. The GA could pass a bill that says all of the proceeds from background checks must go towards completing future background checks. They could auction off confiscated guns. They could staff the background check center with trained volunteers.

I am sure anyone of us could look at the State Police budget and find the necessary funds.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
What we really need is constitutional carry. This would eliminate the P4P dilemma altogether. While, I OC 99.9% of the time, I like having the ability to conceal. Right now, however, a CHP is the only legal way to do that so I have one.

In regards to funding for the state police, there are a number of viable options. The GA could pass a bill that says all of the proceeds from background checks must go towards completing future background checks. They could auction off confiscated guns. They could staff the background check center with trained volunteers.

I am sure anyone of us could look at the State Police budget and find the necessary funds.

Peter, while your idea is certainly novel, I don't see it gaining much support. :)

Edit: Oops, I meant to edit my previous post instead of quoting myself, sorry.

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I'm not sure anyone noticed...but I was making fun of several groups including the State Police.

If they want to fund the program which I might add, is already fully funded, they need only instruct their officers to stop letting their cars idle for hours at a time, slow the databases that do nothing for security but invade the privacy of every citizen and perhaps keep their cars a year longer...not to mention using the space on the accelerator between all the way up, and all the way down.

I'm not really sure why we praise waste or reward an agency for essentially embezzling funds.

Last edited:

altajava

I'm not sure anyone noticed...but I was making fun of several groups including the State Police.

If they want to fund the program which I might add, is already fully funded, they need only instruct their officers to stop letting their cars idle for hours at a time, slow the databases that do nothing for security but invade the privacy of every citizen and perhaps keep their cars a year longer...not to mention using the space on the accelerator between all the way up, and all the way down.

I'm not really sure why we praise waste or reward an agency for essentially embezzling funds.

I have long suspected many of our fine officers are ex dirt bike racers. When racing dirt bikes, its all gas or all brake, no in between.

paramedic70002

OP, your plan is admirable but doomed to failure. What is to stop a CHPer from holding their pee, using a concealed pee bag/Texas catheter, waiting for a free user to open up as they are leaving, peeing in a corner of the bathroom or even the sink, or heaven forbid in the parking lot? Will we need a new breed of specially trained Security Officer to enforce these pee laws?

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
peeing in a corner of the bathroom or even the sink, or heaven forbid in the parking lot? Will we need a new breed of specially trained Security Officer to enforce these pee laws?

Those things are traditionally Southern so they could get away with it...I think a specially equiped Peetrol unit will be needed.

B. Reddy

Be careful what you wish for....

Those things are traditionally Southern so they could get away with it...I think a specially equiped Peetrol unit will be needed.

Looks like that special Pee-trol unit might be on the way after all!

Urinating in public; penalty. (SB626)
Introduced By

Sen. Chap Petersen (D-Fairfax)
Progress

Introduced

Passed Committee

Passed House

Passed Senate

Signed by Governor

Became Law
Description

Crimes; urinating in public. Creates the crime of urinating in public, punishable as a Class 4 misdemeanor. View Full Text »
Status

01/20/2012: Awaiting a Vote in the Courts of Justice Committee