• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Rental application asking for Concealed Permit info

amlevin

Maybe the apartment is in a High Crime area and they want as many of their residents as possible to be armed----Legally;) A CPL is not a requirement to carry legally but those who can't get one can't legally carry a firearm anyway.

av8tr1

Thanks everyone for the great responses. I choose to go ahead and answer the question. I have nothing to hide and if they can't accept me being a law obiding citizen enjoying my 2nd ammendment rights then I can move on. I am new to Washington, I hold a CPL from Florida and Colorado, and I am a firearms instructor. It's a private owner of a home I am renting and I was approved same day.

I appreciate the discussion as I had never been asked that question before and really was at a loss for what to do. In my experiance it is not a renters market right now. Few people can afford to buy so rental properties are being snached up within a day of going up for rental. Might be due to the closesness of the 1st of the month. But I beat out two other applicants so it's all good.

Wolfebane

It's a private owner of a home I am renting and I was approved same day.

Would you be willing to give some more information, in PM if you would prefer, on the area in which you are renting this home and how much per month you are paying, size of property and the like. I currently am renting out a house of mine and if you are in the same area, or close to it I'd like to get some first hand knowledge about the rental market (as I keep getting such wide ranging figures from property management companies that I'm not sure what to believe).

av8tr1

Would you be willing to give some more information, in PM if you would prefer, on the area in which you are renting this home and how much per month you are paying, size of property and the like. I currently am renting out a house of mine and if you are in the same area, or close to it I'd like to get some first hand knowledge about the rental market (as I keep getting such wide ranging figures from property management companies that I'm not sure what to believe).

Sure, I got the same thing as well so I know the feeling. PM on the way.

RSperry79

Why rent somewhere that could be a problem later. I faced a threatened eviction once from landmark reality for illegal activity because the maint guy saw my pistol on my coffee table. They thought you needed a permit to own one.
Sent from my PI39100 using Board Express

Bo

I am finding it difficult to believe that any landlord in this state would ask this question on a rental application.

Bo

Are you suggesting I am lying? Or trolling?

Read the agreement for yourself. http://www.rentals.com/media/applications/1034746/application.pdf
No, I wasn't suggesting that you were either lying or trolling. Merely stating my disbelief that any property management company would include that question on any document. I am, quite frankly, astounded. Just when you thought you've seen everything ...

Clearly a very sneaky way to ask if you are going to keep firearms in the apartment ... I'm thinking I'd continue looking for residence; I don't know that I'd want to live in any place that asked for that much information (that's a really, really intrusive rental application).

Jeff Hayes

Clearly a very sneaky way to ask if you are going to keep firearms in the apartment ... I'm thinking I'd continue looking for residence; I don't know that I'd want to live in any place that asked for that much information (that's a really, really intrusive rental application).

+1000 I could not agree more.

SovereignAxe

If anything it sounds like a quick and easy way to tell if someone is a felon. Felons can't get a handgun permit. If I ever get rich enough to own enough property to rent, I'll have to remember this one. Permit/license holders will get priority...that's if I don't get a bunch of guys like you that think I'm an anti.

sudden valley gunner

If anything it sounds like a quick and easy way to tell if someone is a felon. Felons can't get a handgun permit. If I ever get rich enough to own enough property to rent, I'll have to remember this one. Permit/license holders will get priority...that's if I don't get a bunch of guys like you that think I'm an anti.

Interesting point. Why not ask for their voter registration information it would accomplish the same thing? (wink wink nod nod)

tombrewster421

Why rent somewhere that could be a problem later. I faced a threatened eviction once from landmark reality for illegal activity because the maint guy saw my pistol on my coffee table. They thought you needed a permit to own one.
Sent from my PI39100 using Board Express

That just seems really stupid! How could they know you didn't have a permit if it were required? Did they ask you if you had a permit before accusing you of "illegal activity"?