• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Support starbucks on feb.14th

KYGlockster

Activist Member
Anti-gun folks are going to boycott Starbucks on feb. 14th. Let's show our support for their firearm policies, and stop by and buy something, even if we never stop at Starbucks. I plan on telling them why I am there, and hopefully we can make the anti's look like lost causes!

Dreamer

And if you can, pay with your purchase with $2 bills. (You can get them at your bank). This denomination is rarely used, and will get the attention of the Staff at Starbucks, AND the "2" is symbolic of our support for the 2nd Amendment.

Cash drawers full of $2 bills at the end of the day in every Starbucks in the country would get their attention that's for sure. If you owned a business, who would you listen to for setting policy--a bunch of loud, disruptive, ranting protesters trying to convince your customers to not patronize your shop, or a bunch of quiet, polite, law-abiding people who calmly came in to your shop, purchased your product, and went about their business?

Just sayin'...

marine0300

Open Carry Starbucks Topeka, KS

I have a group that will be open carrying at Starbucks in Topeka, KS on Feb. 14th at 8:30am.

Starbucks is located at 29th & Wanamaker

If you come dress nice! and only high on the hip holsters.

We will only pay in two dollar bills

sha-ul

I have a group that will be open carrying at Starbucks in Topeka, KS on Feb. 14th at 8:30am.

Starbucks is located at 29th & Wanamaker

If you come dress nice! and only high on the hip holsters.

We will only pay in two dollar bills

like.gif

marine0300

Arrived at Starbucks OC’ing with my friend at 8:30am. We paid with two dollar bills and thanked the cashier for Starbucks support of the 2nd Amendment.

There were also 6 concealed carriers attending that were also in support. They were very nice to us but I could clearly feel tension form the cc’ers that we were open carrying.

Keep in mind I conceal carry 80 % of time. For next 20 minutes I debated a concealed carry instructor on OC vs CC.

I appreciated the debate. I can’t understand why so many cc’ers feel so threatened by open carry. Threatened is probably to strong of word. Maybe they don't understand would be a better way to say it.

Obviously we didn’t agree and shook hands when I left. I would drink coffee again with them and hopefully I made a friend or two and help someone think differently about open carry.

Freedom isn’t free

Last edited:

sha-ul

In a somewhat related matter, I posted this tonight on silencertalk in a thread about OC vs CC
I support a full stocked tool box. on particular tool may not be appropriate for all tasks, so it is nice to have options you can fall back & use.
This is from Ks where we have real effing weather, real effing hot, real effing cold, or real effing windy. where it can be in the 30's and 80's in the same week.
Open carry, while not always appropriate, serves several important functions, one of those is as a relief valve for those who do not have a ccw. If you move into the state, from another state with which we DO NOT have reciprocity with, you must live here 6 months to establish residency, then take the class, be finger printed, pay $132.50 etc& wait for up to 90 days to be approved.
Or for the woman who has just gone through a nasty breakup or picked up a prowler/stalker.
Or for the poor among us who do not have the money for a permit. 8 hr class in the $65-$100 range, $132.50 for the KSAG& county sheriff, $20 for passport photos. can be a substantial sum, should we deny the right to k&b arms because they cannot afford the poll tax?

Damiansar-15

OC vs CC

In a somewhat related matter, I posted this tonight on silencertalk in a thread about OC vs CC

Marine0300,

Thanks again for promoting open carry and being an ambassador to promote communication within the pro-gun community. I am still baffled why CC folks believe turning a right into a privilege by licensing it is the best approach. To me, when CC-only community spew their "tactical advantage" pitches to try and diminish one's god-given right to defend one's person as they see fit, they are no better than a Brady/anti-gun protestor trying to impede on how I exercise my rights.

If I was there, I would have challenged the "cc instructor" to a $1,000 draw and shoot course of fire, where he draws from concealed carry and I draw from my open carry rig. This will atleast add .1 seconds to his time and will be slower during my challenge or during the fight for his life when split seconds count.

A lot of money is to be made by gun industry folks, e.g. concealed carry instructor, by licensing, taxing, etc... our 2nd Amendment rights. So, I believe many of these "pro-gun" concealed carry-only folks are worse than the anti-gun folks, because they are engaging in crony capitalism while stating they are pro-freedom advocates.

Damian