• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Support Starbucks on feb.14th

KYGlockster

Activist Member
Anti-gun folks are going to boycott Starbucks on feb. 14th. Let's show our support for their firearm policies, and stop by and buy something, even if we never stop at Starbucks. I plan on telling them why I am there, and hopefully we can make the anti's look like lost causes!

Dreamer

And if you can, pay with your purchase with $2 bills. (You can get them at your bank). This denomination is rarely used, and will get the attention of the Staff at Starbucks, AND the "2" is symbolic of our support for the 2nd Amendment.

Cash drawers full of $2 bills at the end of the day in every Starbucks in the country would get their attention that's for sure. If you owned a business, who would you listen to for setting policy--a bunch of loud, disruptive, ranting protesters trying to convince your customers to not patronize your shop, or a bunch of quiet, polite, law-abiding people who calmly came in to your shop, purchased your product, and went about their business?

Just sayin'...

Wolfgang1952

I have a question for us OCer’s hear in La. Has Starbucks got their Liqueur license yet? If they did and are selling Beer and other stuff, as far as I’m concerned they have shot themselves in the foot. Here In La we OCer’s can’t OC their.

Wolfgang1952

I don’t know if they got their Liqueur license yet. All I know it’s been on the news that they want to be able to sell Beer and Wine. So if their selling Beer and Wine at Starbucks that kills it for us hear in La.

Daylen

They are in the pilot stage. They are still testing the idea in various states.

Starbucks expands wine and beer sales to Ga., Ill., Calif.
http://usat.ly/xoOtVm

Now you guys just need to get your alcohol/gun law changed...

That is the solution! Just remind your legislators not far away in the Great State of Alabama we don't have any such restriction in general (some counties do and LA legislators don't need to know that).

georg jetson

That is the solution! Just remind your legislators not far away in the Great State of Alabama we don't have any such restriction in general (some counties do and LA legislators don't need to know that).

Hmmmm... have been thinking how to handle this. There's already La. SC decisions unconstitutionally empowering the legislature to regulate arms in an establishment that serves alcohol, so a legal battle has been lost and the war is now an uphill fight.

It's definitely gonna have to be handled in the legislature.

Thanks for the "Alabama" argument :)

Anything's gonna be a hard sell right now with the crime "problem" in the Democrat part of our state(New Orleans)
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/01/19/us-crime-neworleans-idUSTRE80I1RQ20120119

DrakeXD

Anything's gonna be a hard sell right now with the crime "problem" in the Democrat part of our state(New Orleans)
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/01/19/us-crime-neworleans-idUSTRE80I1RQ20120119

Very true Georg. However, if we wanted to get the ball rolling on this, what would be the first step? Contact our reps, a lawyer? Get statements from non-Louisiana government officials (perhaps some Alabama legislators) about how their gun laws concerning "establishments that sell alcohol for consumption on premises" work in their state?

Daylen

Very true Georg. However, if we wanted to get the ball rolling on this, what would be the first step? Contact our reps, a lawyer? Get statements from non-Louisiana government officials (perhaps some Alabama legislators) about how their gun laws concerning "establishments that sell alcohol for consumption on premises" work in their state?

Get together with legislators and be ready to make campaign contributions, place ads to get the message out to voters and see how big of a crowd of voters can be gathered. Two and three people trying to convince a group of politicians of something like this won't work. There are other states that have no prohibition on having a means of self defense while in a place that serves alcohol, don't forget to learn about them.

Wolfgang1952

The problem here in La, is let someone else do it. Look at LOCAL, Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League, there are about 10 or so of us that make the meetings. So what can 10 people do? NOT MUCH. Now if we had the participation of the whole web site and the state we might get something done. I doubt it, this state is weird.

georg jetson

My apologies for the bad info... I had confused a case I read concerning a convicted felon regaining their firearms rights. I remember looking, for quit some time, for an appellant case involving a violation of 14:95.5 but was unsuccessful. That doesn't mean it doesn't exist. I haven't exhausted my resources on this... I'll continue to search.

georg jetson

See my last post... we need to check to see if it has actually been run through the courts.

DrakeXD

The problem here in La, is let someone else do it. Look at LOCAL, Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League, there are about 10 or so of us that make the meetings. So what can 10 people do? NOT MUCH. Now if we had the participation of the whole web site and the state we might get something done. I doubt it, this state is weird.

It is unfortunate that we don't have more people actively involved, but it really only takes one person to get the ball rolling. Also, one of my favorite quotes applies: "The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do." - Steve Jobs

sraacke

I've been working to get the word out via social media lately. LOCAL has a Facebook page and as the Admin for the page I've "frineded/liked" several TV news station FB pages and Gun rights groups. When WWL TV posts a FB message about crime or a shooting in New Orleans I post a simple, reply like "Stay safe and know your rights" under the LOCAL user name. Others see this and find our FB page and eventually our website and forum. We have over 200 people who have "LIKE"ed out FB page so far. Everyone who does helps spread the message a bit further. Now if we could just get them to join and become active in the group we would be doing great.

georg jetson

I've been working to get the word out via social media lately. LOCAL has a Facebook page and as the Admin for the page I've "frineded/liked" several TV news station FB pages and Gun rights groups. When WWL TV posts a FB message about crime or a shooting in New Orleans I post a simple, reply like "Stay safe and know your rights" under the LOCAL user name. Others see this and find our FB page and eventually our website and forum. We have over 200 people who have "LIKE"ed out FB page so far. Everyone who does helps spread the message a bit further. Now if we could just get them to join and become active in the group we would be doing great.

Great idea Yale...