1. Go to the city website to see if ordinances are posted there. If not, google 'city ordinances of Reidsville NC'; this should take you to the municode site if the city has posted on-line. You would be safe to assume that carrying is prohibited in all city buildings. At the same time OC at the Sheriff Office is allowed.
2. Get real familiar with Chapter 14 (Criminal Law) of the NC General Statutes.
3. I would do all off/on belt transfers in the vehicle, and not while there was a crowd around me.
4. Keep the muzzle in a safe direction. Do NOT carry in on the dash without a good means of keeping it in place. The same goes for keeping it on the seat. A way of carrying it on the seat would be to jam the barrel into the crevice between the seat back and the cushion (unless, of course, someone is sitting there ). That way you don't have to remove the holster.
5. Carrying while picking up yard trash? They probably thought you had a bad rodent problem!
6. Welcome to the wonderful, and often confusing, world of being an armed citizen!