Thread: New Illinois gun law tring to be Passed

New Illinois gun law tring to be Passed

HI

My name is Ted and I am a newbe to this site. I am in favor of both open carry and concealed carry. Illinois needs to wake up!!! However, I was at the Chicago Sport Shows last night and came across a group (Rifle Assoc.) at a booth. They were explaining to me that Illinois has a new law being introduced that makes it illegal to use a semi auto handgun using more rounds loaded in it then the gun was orginally designed for. So the use of extended clips in your gun would be band. I wanted to learn more before I signed the petition. Now am I understanding this new law right and is this true? As anyone heard of this? If so what is up with Illinois?
    Last edited by tkcenterline; 01-28-2012 at 08:30 AM.

I think HB1294 and HB1599 are what you are talking about.

PM being sent to you.

Quote Originally Posted by tkcenterline View Post
    ...illegal to use a semi auto handgun using more rounds loaded in it then the gun was orginally designed for...
    It'd be interesting to see how such a law would be worded. One could argue that a Glock was DESIGNED with the ability to take the larger magazines, even if they are not furnished with the weapon at the time of production. Just as the Model 26 can use the magazines for a Model 19 or Model 17, so can the Model 17 use a magazine that was supplied with the Model 18.

They should rewrite the law to also outlaw the newer 8-shot S&W Model 27 and 7-shot Model 686+. Everyone knows these guns were "originally designed" for six rounds, ha.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip