• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New Illinois gun law tring to be Passed

tkcenterline

HI

My name is Ted and I am a newbe to this site. I am in favor of both open carry and concealed carry. Illinois needs to wake up!!! However, I was at the Chicago Sport Shows last night and came across a group (Rifle Assoc.) at a booth. They were explaining to me that Illinois has a new law being introduced that makes it illegal to use a semi auto handgun using more rounds loaded in it then the gun was orginally designed for. So the use of extended clips in your gun would be band. I wanted to learn more before I signed the petition. Now am I understanding this new law right and is this true? As anyone heard of this? If so what is up with Illinois?

Last edited:

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
...illegal to use a semi auto handgun using more rounds loaded in it then the gun was orginally designed for...

It'd be interesting to see how such a law would be worded. One could argue that a Glock was DESIGNED with the ability to take the larger magazines, even if they are not furnished with the weapon at the time of production. Just as the Model 26 can use the magazines for a Model 19 or Model 17, so can the Model 17 use a magazine that was supplied with the Model 18.

They should rewrite the law to also outlaw the newer 8-shot S&W Model 27 and 7-shot Model 686+. Everyone knows these guns were "originally designed" for six rounds, ha.