• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MISSOURI Resident with UTAH CCW Permit------CHANGES SUCK-----Need some help

mechanicworkman

Well I sent a email to GreyWolfservices requesting more information got response back that;

1. The process for MO is to attend an eight hour Firearms Safety Course (CCW class).

2. Upon completion of the class take the certificate to 7900 Forsyth (St. Louis County Police Headquarters). There you fill out the CCW request form for the back ground check and take your fingerprints.

3. You will receive a letter between 2 weeks and 45 days informing you that you passed a background check or not.

4. You then take this letter back to 7900 Forsyth and they will issue your CCW permit.

5. Within 7 days take the permit to the DOR and have the information placed on your driver's license ($20.00) or MO ID card ($5.50).

What is the Average does anyone know is it closer to the 45 days or the two weeks or is it just depend on how gitty the people in the office are feeling at that time. I seen a number of the classes seem to use the same TOP GUN SHOOTING RANGE that I will not be spending any of my money at ever again. So had to go the route of finding a place that didn't use there facilities. Anyone have some personal experience with this place its in Florissant mo only a few miles from my house so its close is another things i like.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
What is the Average does anyone know is it closer to the 45 days or the two weeks or is it just depend on how gitty the people in the office are feeling at that time. I seen a number of the classes seem to use the same TOP GUN SHOOTING RANGE that I will not be spending any of my money at ever again. So had to go the route of finding a place that didn't use there facilities. Anyone have some personal experience with this place its in Florissant mo only a few miles from my house so its close is another things i like.

Hmmm where to start.... StL county used to be kind of bad about taking near the 45 day mark, but last years reports were a massive improvement, the only thing I can tell you is results have varied and they have up to the full 45 and it will make a difference in when the fbi report comes back, the sheriff has I believe five days following the return, but read the 571 statute, it is in there some where, just know that on day 45 the sheriff must issue even without the fbi report and can only revoke if the report comes back bad.

Now not sure on the Top Gun comment, or what the motivation not to use them is about, however Dan Smith conducts classes out there and is a very good instructor. I am not saying any more than that and if you have good reason, I respect your choice.

Ultimate defense has a good rep and they are in St Peters, fantastic facility, good prices on firearms, but I have no personal knowledge of the classes.

I am not familiar with the one you mentioned which is kind of neutral however, I am active in the community and have heard nothing bad for what that is worth.

mechanicworkman

Yea i FINALLY heard back from UTAH BCI today! It appears that a person can renew there UTAH permit for up to a year after it expires! After that a person would have to apply for a new one! So at least a little glad there! So my non resident permit wont become a total waste

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Yea i FINALLY heard back from UTAH BCI today! It appears that a person can renew there UTAH permit for up to a year after it expires! After that a person would have to apply for a new one! So at least a little glad there! So my non resident permit wont become a total waste

Correct, however, you have to send in a copy of your Missouri permit in order to renew it since MO issues permits. December 31, 2011 was the cut off date for renewal witout your home state. When you get your MO permit, you can then renew the UT one as well, many do, in fact many of us have several state permits.