• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Good Article On De-escalation With A Personal Story From The Author....

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
As a friend of mine use to say "Retreat, retreat, retreat, be innocent of instigation"

What prompted me to post was the thread about the guy with the truck on the other thread..."Don't Make Me Angry"....

Link: http://uscca.us/ccr/view_post.php?postId=626

Snip: "This is written as a warning to everyone reading it. If revenge and settling matters to a standard of emotional satisfaction are part of your operational protocols, then you greatly increase your odds of needing to use that carry weapon, and you increase your odds of dying. Also, you increase the odds of family and friends with you dying as collateral damage due to escalating such situations."

Firearms Iinstuctor

One can talk some into fighting or out fighting depending on the situation.

It is the ones that you can't De-escalate from that you have to use other means on.

There are people that will hurt you no matter what you say or do.

De-escalation is a good thing and highly recommended if you can do it safely and not put yourself in further danger my doing so.