• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

HFT= An a NRA reply

range rat

Friday, I receive a phone call from Mr.James Handlon ( NRA) Marketing Manager. I was not home at that time, an the wife thought he was a nra teller marketer.

So not knowing when I could be reach, he sent me this E-Mail..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: "garymalachowski@att.net" <garymalachowski@att.net>
Sent: Fri, January 27, 2012 11:15:41 AM
Subject: RE: Contact from NRAHQ web site: Membership/General Comments

Hi Gary,

Got your message today. We have to differentiate between an entire company and a single store here. I have shopped Harbor Freight stores and have such problems in VA. NRA members in WI have reported the policy seems to be store specific (St.Francis Wisconsin), since many other HF stores in WI do not have such a sign.

I received another a message on the same store below. If this message reflects your sentiment, I will forward this along to NRA-ILA. I tried to reach you today. If you'd like to call me, my direct line is 703-267-1323.

Thanks,

Jim Handlon
Marketing Manager
NRA
703-267-1323

Thank you very much for our phone conversation on Monday afternoon. As we discussed, I am writing you in regards to the firearm policies of Harbor Freight stores in southeastern Wisconsin and their advertisements in NRA monthly publications.

As I'm sure it is the case many places in this country, shortly after the concealed carry law passed some businesses posted "no gun" signs in their windows and on their doors. Surprisingly, it has not been as common as I would have expected yet some of my most frequented places did indeed post signs. One of these businesses is Harbor Freight Tools. It really hurt to see that yet another business, and/or over-zealous manager, had made a poor and unpatriotic decision. Once I had turned my back to the store I recalled that this this particular un-American business was a large-scale advertiser in the three monthly NRA publications that I read. This particular detail is the sole purpose of why I am writing you today.

As a citizen who recognizes that the struggle to protect our freedoms is very real, I see a serious conflict with the NRA accepting advertising dollars from a business that not only
possesses anti-gun beliefs but openly puts them on display. I understand that these may be isolated incidents with Harbor Freight here in southeastern Wisconsin and that these stores may not represent the company as a whole. Although I understand this I also find it to be irrelevant even if it is the case. I believe that the NRA simply cannot allow ANY business, or part of a business, that has anti-gun, anti-freedom ties to advertise in their publications. The NRA must understand how this situation is perceived by those who have fought tooth and nail along side the NRA to protect our freedoms. The very idea that the Association would accept money from such businesses just the same as you would accept the dues and donations from your committed members is unconscionable. I can only hope that this matter is one that the directors have been unaware of until this time.

Mr. Handlon, I implore you to shed the appropriate light on this matter. I understand that the handling of situations such as this require a level of finesse and political savvy, and that the way to a satisfactory solution is often cumbersome. I only ask that a diligent effort is made and that the NRA stays steadfast in the cause and makes the necessary sacrifices just as it's committed members have at their side.

I would appreciate being kept abreast of any developments.

Sincerely,

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, January 27, 2012 8:53 AM
To: Handlon, James
Subject: FW: Contact from NRAHQ web site: Membership/General Comments

Sent: Friday, January 27, 2012 8:52 AM
To: Advertising

-
Sent: Thursday, January 26, 2012 6:12 PM
To: Publications

From: NRA Auto Responder [mailto:nra.auto-responder@nrahq.org]
Sent: Thursday, January 19, 2012 9:39 PM
To: Membership
Subject: Contact from NRAHQ web site: Membership/General Comments

Contact type: Membership/General Comments

Name: Gary C. Malachowski
Address: 3017 East Grange ave apt 2
City: Cudahy
State: WI
Zip: 53110
Phone: 414-744-8207
E-mail: garymalachowski@att.net
Membership Number: 157347574
IP Address: 69.215.128.122
Message: Why does the NRA allows Harbor Freight Tools, an Anti- Gun Corpateion, too run full page advertisement in America's 1st Freedom magazine.. They have posted in their Store Windows ( Harbor Freight Tools, 4698 South. Whitnall av St.Francis Wisconsin 53235 ) NO Weapons allowed !!
Why should i renew my membership ? Give me a good reason to keep going with the NRA, also give the men& women of Wisconsin Carry a reason, as well as the Forty Thousand men & women who now have there Wisconsin Conceal Carry Permit,
With 4.3 Million Men & Women members.over
21 years old in Wisconsin, an a projection of 1.3 Million to get their Conceal Carry Permits can you really afford to alienate even 10 percent of them...

Harbor Freight runs a two page color ad in NRA's American Rifleman. NRA-over 4,000,000 members.

ThankYou.
Mr. Gary C. Malachowski
garymalachowski@att.net

Now I did have a chance too read it before the wife an I met little wolf & wife for dinner at Joes K-Ranch last night.

But, I did respone too it this morning ( part two )..

I can not understand now you can say that this is just a specific store, an many other HF stores in WI do not have such a signs.. Have YOU personally call any other these Stores ? Most likely not !! Well I have, an here is a List of all the stores that have posted signes.
MADISON, WI #135
4617 VERONA RD
Madison, WI 53711

Phone: (608) 276-7934

GRAND CHUTE, WI #156

3325 WEST COLLEGE AVE
Grand Chute, WI 54914

Phone: (920) 733-8424

WEST ALLIS, WI #280

6808 W. GREENFIELD AVE
West Allis, WI 53214

Phone: (414) 257-9258

ROTHSCHILD, WI #219

1029 E GRAND AVENUE #1031
Rothschild, WI 54474

Phone: (715) 355-0411

Racine, WI #358 - Now Open!

2380 South Green Bay Road
Racine, WI 53406

Phone: (262) 554-5106

EAU CLAIRE, WI #253

2615 LONDON RD STE A
Eau Claire, WI 54701

Phone: (715) 831-6375

ST FRANCIS, WI #142

4698 SOUTH WHITNALL AVE SUITE 13
St Francis, WI 53235

Phone: (414) 744-0955

This list is all of there Stores, save for one that did not have a posted phone number. Why don"t you ACT like a customer an try calling them..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: "garymalachowski@att.net" <garymalachowski@att.net>
Sent: Fri, January 27, 2012 11:15:41 AM

Now,if anyone wishs to Included anything too Mr. james Handlon, feal Free to do so.

OH, by the way here is part one..

Sun, January 22, 2012 3:59:26 PMBBB - Web Complaint
From: "info@santabarbara.bbb.org" <info@santabarbara.bbb.org>Add to Contacts
To: garymalachowski@att.net

Thank you for filing your complaint. As you requested, below is a copy of your complaint.

Within the next business day, you will receive an email acknowledging receipt of the complaint. That acknowledgment will also give you information on how you can track the status of your complaint through our website.

Complainant Information

Mr. Gary Malacowski
3017 East Grange ave apt 2
Cudahy, WI 53110 USA
garymalachowski@att.net
Phone: (414) -74-4-8207
Fax:

Company Information:

Harbor Freight Tools
3491 Mission Oaks Blvd.
Camarillo, CA 93011-6010
Phone: (800) 905-5464

Complaint Text

Description of Complaint: I recently had of some troubling circumstances which occurred at a Harbor Freight Tools Store. As the issue is important to me, I am writing you to obtain independent verification, the issue at hand is the corporate policy of Harbor Freight Tools regarding customers who lawfully carry firearms in Harbor Freight Tools Stores. According to one of your Wisconsin store Managers, Harbor Freight Tools decided not to allow concealed weapons within your Wisconsin stores.Stating Harbor Freight values the safety of all of our patrons and employees.But then why does Harbor Freight Tools allows Conceal Carry as well as Open Carry in there Stores, as far away as Kalamazoo, MI. Battle Creek , Michigan an as well as your stores in Minnesota.These States are but a few that have Conceal Carry an/or Open Carry laws for Years,an are Allowed to carry in their Harbor Freight Stores.So my Question is, Why is Harbor Freight Tools Discriminating against law abiding citizens of Wisconsin who have gone through the proper channels of state/federal background checks too obtain a concealed carry license issued by the Wisconsin Department of Justice. As of to date there are over Forty Thousand men & women who now have there Wisconsin Conceal Carry Permit,an With 4.3 Million Men & Women over 21 years old in Wisconsin, an a projection of 1.3 Million to get their Conceal Carry Permits can you really afford to alienate even 10 percent of them ?

Resolution Sought: Desired Settlement: Other (requires explanation)
Desired Outcome Description: Cease The Discrimination against Wisconsin men & women

ccwinstructor

Centurion
I have been in Harbor Freight stores in Arizona and Texas. They were not posted

Clearly, this is not a corporate policy. IF it were all the HF stores would be posted. I suspect that stores have quite a bit of latitude in their management. Why should the NRA turn down ad money just because some stores are being stupid?

islandbayy

I have asked a few different employees at the St. Francis store over the past month. All have said it is Corp. Policy, and that they wish it could be taken down.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

Follow the money

Now there's an objective for legislation - our legislators loove to write law! Require that restrictions on rights be advertised in a way that does not require the customer citizen to risk indictment to learn of the policy. If a holding enterprise denies entry of weapons or terrorists, then make it known in the media. If a shop denies, then it must be advertised.

scorpio_vette

I have asked a few different employees at the St. Francis store over the past month. All have said it is Corp. Policy, and that they wish it could be taken down.

i know it's an older thread, but i just saw it and wanted to also say that i have heard this with my own ears from at least 2 employees there, that they agree with carrying for self defense, and that if it was up to them, they would take the sign down.

markush

The OP hasn't gotten any more info on this? My NRA dues are due in August. Since they've been aware of this for several months now I will contact them to let them know that if I see anymore adds form HF in American Rifleman and the Racine store is still posted, I will NOT be renewing my membership...ever.

32HR MAG

NRA = Not Ready for America

This same type of thing is why I have not been a member of the NRA in many years . They make deals with anti gun companies to give the paying members a deal with said company . They at one time made a deal for member discounts for cell phone service with Sprint,AT&T and Verizon . All three gave money to anti gun organizations .
The NRA is only trying to make money and could give a rats patooty about the 2nd amendment .

davidmcbeth

Banned
This same type of thing is why I have not been a member of the NRA in many years . They make deals with anti gun companies to give the paying members a deal with said company . They at one time made a deal for member discounts for cell phone service with Sprint,AT&T and Verizon . All three gave money to anti gun organizations .
The NRA is only trying to make money and could give a rats patooty about the 2nd amendment .

The NRA is anti-2nd amendment IMO .. bums