• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

$2 bills to support the Second Amendment

DVC

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
It has been suggested that we all go to Starbucks on Valentine's Day, and that we buy with $2 bills.

I strongly urge anyone here to help give Starbucks their best sales day ever, but more than that, I think that we should start using $2 bills to support the local businesses which support our civil rights. Of course, this would only be for purchases under $10 (you want this to be a message, not an increased workload), but we make a lot of those.

When going to the bank and getting some $2 bills, mention WHY you want them. This will make the banks aware that there are customers who are SERIOUS about our rights.

timf343

Campaign Veteran
I like this idea. I have had no trouble getting $2 bills from Bank of America. Every branch I've ever dealt with gladly orders them for me. I usually try to get at least 100 bills at a time, so they order an entire strap for you. One of the cool things, if you're into that sort of thing, is that every time I've ordered them, all the bills have sequential serial numbers...

Just to make sure they still have no problem, I just called my branch this morning and asked them to order 200 bills for me, they said they order currency on Tuesday, it will be there Wednesday, and I can pick up Thursday morning.

Tim

Last edited:

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
I love this idea. I'm in for Starbuck's and getting them used as often as possible. I spend a lot of cash, because half the time I get paid in cash.

I don't frequent Starbucks often enough to know, but since this is a special effort, I'll need someone to spot me which ones have the best-looking barristas!

DooFster

I just got a funny visual of this guy leaning over a counter trying to do "the look" and the dopey smile...the barista smiles at him and sprays whipped cream in his face. Random, I know, but still funny nonetheless...

ed2276

I didn't even know 2$ bills were still in circulation! I haven't seen one of those bills in decades.

The Big Guy

Another good idea is to write (in red ink if possible), on the bill something like "In support of the 2nd Amendment".

The reason for red ink is that it is my understanding that the red will pass through the bank without getting it pulled where any other color, black or blue, drives the counting machines nuts. Just what I've heard.

Now for those of you will swear that it is against the law to write on your money, look up the law. It clearly states to alter or deface with the INTENTION of causing the bill to be removed from circulation. The fact is the last thing we want is for it to be pulled, but circulate freely. I have been doing this type of thing to all of my bills for years. Also it is not a US Treasury note, but a note issued by the Federal Reserve which of course is a private bank.

TBG

FallonJeeper

Another good idea is to write (in red ink if possible), on the bill something like

The reason for red ink is that it is my understanding that the red will pass through the bank without getting it pulled where any other color, black or blue, drives the counting machines nuts. Just what I've heard.

Now for those of you will swear that it is against the law to write on your money, look up the law. It clearly states to alter or deface with the INTENTION of causing the bill to be removed from circulation. The fact is the last thing we want is for it to be pulled, but circulate freely. I have been doing this type of thing to all of my bills for years. Also it is not a US Treasury note, but a note issued by the Federal Reserve which of course is a private bank.

TBG

Dog gone it TBG, you beat me to the punch. "In support of the 2nd Amendment". Brought to you by Opencarry.org

I would use just one bill for each purchase.