Thread: Anti-gun Advertisers Advertising on a Gun Site?????

Anti-gun Advertisers Advertising on a Gun Site?????

i just logged on to find a banner ad for Disney Resorts blazing across the opencarry page..... um, last i heard wasnt disney ANTI gun?
    *Disclaimer~ I am not an attorney, i do not give legal advice. Any opinion stated here is in no way meant to insinuate, imply, compel or encourage that you should do anything that is illegal either knowingly or otherwise. My answers however valid may not be complete or applicable to your individual situation. I strongly recommend that you do your own research, make your own decisions and hire an attorney for legal advice ~

Quote Originally Posted by Teddybearfrmhell View Post
    i just logged on to find a banner ad for Disney Resorts blazing across the opencarry page..... um, last i heard wasnt disney ANTI gun?
    That is Googleleads. It looks at you and what you do on the net, then targets you with adds IT thinks are appropreate. If you got a Disney Resort add I would expect sometime resently you (or someone on that computer) looked up vacation/travel stuff...

BTW: If you see a known anti add on a firearms site. Click on it, open it up, then go back to what you were doing. It will cost the anti's money, and will support your local firearm site. They have to pay per view.

Quote Originally Posted by hermannr View Post
    That is Googleleads. It looks at you and what you do on the net, then targets you with adds IT thinks are appropreate. If you got a Disney Resort add I would expect sometime resently you (or someone on that computer) looked up vacation/travel stuff...

BTW: If you see a known anti add on a firearms site. Click on it, open it up, then go back to what you were doing. It will cost the anti's money, and will support your local firearm site. They have to pay per view.
    i understand HOW the ad got here, i was just wondering if they didnt use some kind of content filter? would a religious forum want condom ads?
    *Disclaimer~ I am not an attorney, i do not give legal advice. Any opinion stated here is in no way meant to insinuate, imply, compel or encourage that you should do anything that is illegal either knowingly or otherwise. My answers however valid may not be complete or applicable to your individual situation. I strongly recommend that you do your own research, make your own decisions and hire an attorney for legal advice ~

Quote Originally Posted by Teddybearfrmhell View Post
    i understand HOW the ad got here, i was just wondering if they didnt use some kind of content filter? would a religious forum want condom ads?
    Yes, any forum can set limits as to who can advertize. Lots of forums reject adds they find objectionable. I would love to have a brady campaign add come up on one of the gun forums, it could concieveably cost them a bunch of money. It's like 10 cents a hit when people click on the add.