• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anti-gun Advertisers Advertising on a Gun Site?????

hermannr

i just logged on to find a banner ad for Disney Resorts blazing across the opencarry page..... um, last i heard wasnt disney ANTI gun?

That is Googleleads. It looks at you and what you do on the net, then targets you with adds IT thinks are appropreate. If you got a Disney Resort add I would expect sometime resently you (or someone on that computer) looked up vacation/travel stuff...

BTW: If you see a known anti add on a firearms site. Click on it, open it up, then go back to what you were doing. It will cost the anti's money, and will support your local firearm site. They have to pay per view.

Teddybearfrmhell

That is Googleleads. It looks at you and what you do on the net, then targets you with adds IT thinks are appropreate. If you got a Disney Resort add I would expect sometime resently you (or someone on that computer) looked up vacation/travel stuff...

BTW: If you see a known anti add on a firearms site. Click on it, open it up, then go back to what you were doing. It will cost the anti's money, and will support your local firearm site. They have to pay per view.

i understand HOW the ad got here, i was just wondering if they didnt use some kind of content filter? would a religious forum want condom ads?

hermannr

i understand HOW the ad got here, i was just wondering if they didnt use some kind of content filter? would a religious forum want condom ads?

Yes, any forum can set limits as to who can advertize. Lots of forums reject adds they find objectionable. I would love to have a brady campaign add come up on one of the gun forums, it could concieveably cost them a bunch of money. It's like 10 cents a hit when people click on the add.