Criminals are assembling illegal weapons by importing them piece-by-piece over the internet. And while were at it, lets blame legitimate gun dealers in the United States of America?????????

"The Sunday Telegraph can reveal the parts are being sourced from legitimate gun dealers in the US and pieced together in NSW after arriving in the mail undetected."

Well, well. Now I have heard everything.

And these two sentences together make no sense at all?

"We have (also) detected instances of firearm parts coming into Australia via the post, which have been addressed to legitimate firearm and permit holders."
In NSW it is a criminal offence to import gun parts without a licence."

I have yet to meet one Law Abiding ligitimate licenced firearm owner and permit holder who has broken the law by importing illegal firearms or firearm parts. All imports must be made through a licenced dealer.

This definately proves one thing to me and all the rest of us Law Abiding Citizens. The $500,000,000 gun ban / buyback is a complete and total failure, and, "I'm not a banner of things, I just hate guns," garden gnome, John Howard, the entire 2 person Australian gun control team, and all other green anti everything crusaders are too, too, too, stupid to realise it? This people, is what we are up against? Cheers, Haz.

Criminals are assembling illegal weapons by importing them piece-by-piece over the internet.
by: Yoni Bashan Police Reporter From: The Sunday Telegraph January 29, 2012 12:00AM

CRIMINALS are assembling illegal weapons in backyard firearm factories after importing them piece-by-piece over the internet.

The Sunday Telegraph can reveal the parts are being sourced from legitimate gun dealers in the US and pieced together in NSW after arriving in the mail undetected.

Detective Superintendent Ken Finch, commander of the Firearms and Organised Crime Squad (FAOCS), said a number of unrelated individuals had already been arrested and charged over the practice, which is understood to be a growing trend within Sydney's underworld.

"(We) are treating this as a serious issue," Supt Finch told The Sunday Telegraph.

"Detectives have charged a number of persons for firearms offences where there is evidence that these persons were purchasing pieces or parts of firearms, and assembling them into a fully functional fire- arm in NSW.

"We have (also) detected instances of firearm parts coming into Australia via the post, which have been addressed to legitimate firearm and permit holders."

In NSW it is a criminal offence to import gun parts without a licence.

Read More:

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/new...-1226256298295

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/new...-1226256298295