Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where do you carry your BUG

Where do you carry your BUG

I know this has been discussed before but where do you carry your BUG? Now that I have out of state carry permits and can occasionally use them I'm starting to realize the issue I am having with carrying my BUG. I have a Sig 238 that I like to carry right front pocket (strong side). The problem is access to this gun. I find if I'm OCing my holster gets in the way of being able to reach in and grab it should I need it. I also don't like the fact it is very hard to access with my off hand. I've considered putting it in my left front pocket but that just doesn't work for me. I'm considering putting it in a cross draw type position IWB (appendix carry). Any thoughts on this?
    Last edited by xmanhockey7; 01-29-2012 at 03:45 AM.
    "No state shall convert a liberty to a privilege, license it, and charge a fee therefor.- Murdock vs Pennsylvania 319 US 105

...If the state converts a right into a privelege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee and engage in the right... with impunity.
    - Shuttleworth vs City of Birmingham, Alabama 317 US 262

Where rights secured by the Constitution are involved, there can be no legislation which would abrogate them.
    - Miranda vs Arizona 384 US 436

Ankle. Yes, it's the suicide position. I've practiced with it. It's a backup for a reason -- my primary is right open on my right hip. If I'm going for it, hopefully I'll be behind cover by then.

If not ankle then pocket...have two holsters for that gun.
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

I carry a BUG in an ankle holster inside ankle weak side. This is also how I carry on some security jobs I work that are "unarmed" and it has saved my life at least once.
    Want to keep informed of Open Carry events in your area? Go to www.miopencarry.org/update

I carry a gun because a Police Officer is too heavy.

For Drama free gun rights discussion, see http://forums.michiganopencarry.org/

I have only carried ankle when I had 3 other weapons, it is impractical for the most part. For the better part of the last 30 years I have carried a hammerless snub in a coat/jacket pocket that's why when people see me I often have my hand in the jacket pocket. And I also carry a backup in a SOB holster (small of back) with my primary on the belt high and tight in a serpa. Rarely do I travel with less than 2 weapons and often 3 and more depending on what/where I am doing and going...

On another related note, I recently received the Safariland Tactical drop leg holster for my Glock 21SF with streamlight TLR-1s to use while on a snowmobile and Quad runner as well as other activities and I am pleased with how it works on a sled or quad, and might use it on horseback as well.

I wonder what kind of L.E. reaction I will get when they see a drop leg holster on a snowmobiler.

Quote Originally Posted by TheQ View Post
    Ankle. Yes, it's the suicide position. I've practiced with it. It's a backup for a reason -- my primary is right open on my right hip. If I'm going for it, hopefully I'll be behind cover by then.

If not ankle then pocket...have two holsters for that gun.

Banned
    Carry your bug to draw with your weak hand.

Weak side, OC or CC, depending on dress mode.

Stainless, get rid of that avatar. I'll have the heebie-jeebies all morning, now....
    'If the people are not ready for the exercise of the non-violence of the brave, they must be ready for the use of force in self defense. There should be no camouflage.....it must never be secret.' MK Gandhi II-146 (Gandhi on Non-Violence)-- Gandhi supports open carry!

'There is nothing more demoralizing than the fake non-violence of the weak and impotent.' MK Gandhi II-153 (Gandhi on Non-Violence)

Banned
    Its hiding in your fur. heh, heh, heh.

no bug, just a buk or three, depending on where i am(ordinances and stuff, ya know?)

but almost always a pocketknife in a sheath on the belt behind the gun a few inches, usually a small folder front left pocket, and sometimes(usually only in wilderness areas and northern 1/3 of the LP and the UP, some smaller towns in southern 2/3) a 5" fixed blade which is on my right side, weather and clothing dictates whether its iwb, owb or fastened to an interior cargo pocket on my coat.
    Last edited by lil_freak_66; 01-29-2012 at 09:48 PM.
    not a lawyer, dont take anything i say as legal advice.

DB9 in a leather Talon Pocket Holster, weak-side front pocket (it's actually in my pocket as I type this). I primarily wear carpenter style jeans with the angled cut on the pockets because it's too hard to draw it otherwise.
    "I like users who quote smellslikemichigan in their signature lines." - fozzy71

I carry several "bugs" and every conversation/interaction in public is...... legally "bugged".

OH! You don't mean recorders!

G26 weak hand jeans pocket.
    Last edited by Bikenut; 01-29-2012 at 05:01 PM.
    Gun control isn't about the gun at all.... for those who want gun control it is all about their own fragile egos, their own lack of self esteem, their own inner fears, and most importantly... their own desire to dominate others. And an openly carried gun is a slap in the face to all of those things.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezerharden View Post
    I carry a BUG in an ankle holster inside ankle weak side. This is also how I carry on some security jobs I work that are "unarmed" and it has saved my life at least once.
    There's a story here. Do share?
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Weak side front pocket in a DeSantis pocket holster. Although I am seriously considering changing to OC'ing my BUG as well.
    "If we lose freedom here, there's no place to escape to."
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley
    "...go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains set lightly upon you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." Samuel Adams
    Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Weak side front pocket in a DeSantis pocket holster. Although I am seriously considering changing to OC'ing my BUG as well.
    Same here but I use a holster I made.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3737319041_5a5dc3ea41_m.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	27.3 KB 
ID:	7860

Bronson
    Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. Thomas Paine

There's a story here. Do share?
    Apartment complex security job. Woman got out of her car and a guy walked up and cold cocked her, then grabbed a tire iron. When he saw me he started in my direction. I drew, put him face down, and waited for the police. Guy was an ex-boyfriend that didn't like that status. I went free, he went to jail, and the woman only suffered some minor bruising.
    Want to keep informed of Open Carry events in your area? Go to www.miopencarry.org/update

I carry a gun because a Police Officer is too heavy.

For Drama free gun rights discussion, see http://forums.michiganopencarry.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Ezerharden View Post
    I drew, put him face down, and waited for the police. Guy was an ex-boyfriend that didn't like that status. I went free, he went to jail, and the woman only suffered some minor bruising.

You mean you managed to de-escalate the situation by drawing your gun and not firing it? OMG!

Some people here are of the rather (closed minded, IMO) opinion that "if you draw, you must fire".

Some people here are of the rather (closed minded, IMO) opinion that "if you draw, you must fire".
    Haven't seen too much of that.

I've heard plenty of folks argue, and have argued myself, A: that one ought not to draw unless one is prepared to shoot, and B: that one ought not to draw unless one is justified to shoot. Most of us agree that, meeting those criteria, if one isn't forced to shoot after all, so much the better.

While this may reduce one's chances to point a gun at somebody, it's pragmatic advice in consideration of the fact that, having drawn, one's only recourse in the event of noncompliance is to shoot, which of course will cause problems if either A or B has not become true.

Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    A: that one ought not to draw unless one is prepared to shoot, and B: that one ought not to draw unless one is justified to shoot. Most of us agree that, meeting those criteria, if one isn't forced to shoot after all, so much the better.

While this may reduce one's chances to point a gun at somebody, it's pragmatic advice in consideration of the fact that, having drawn, one's only recourse in the event of noncompliance is to shoot, which of course will cause problems if either A or B has not become true.
    I agree with your statement.

Nonetheless, I have seen people argue that you should not draw unless you ARE GOING to shoot.

I agree with your statement.

Nonetheless, I have seen people argue that you should not draw unless you ARE GOING to shoot.
    Any chance you are confusing the OCDO regulars with the trolls on MGO?

Trolls? You mean SpoogeMouth?
    Last edited by griffin; 01-31-2012 at 10:35 AM.
    "If we lose freedom here, there's no place to escape to."
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley
    "...go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains set lightly upon you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." Samuel Adams
    Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Trolls? You mean SpoogeInTheMouth?
    He troll's both forums, under multiple names, for a variety of subjects, but I have never seen him say what Q was referring to:

I have seen people argue that you should not draw unless you ARE GOING to shoot.
    He is one of my favorite trolls because he is an OC proponent, instead of the anti-oc/fudd trolls you see on MGO that I was referring to, as long as he doesn't resort to personal attacks (which seems to be harder and harder for him lately).

Okay, I'll play. Can you spot where I'm concealing?

(No spoiling it if you saw the other thread)
    Last edited by PistolPackingMomma; 01-30-2012 at 11:25 AM.

OOOH OOOH I know (Motofixxer shoots his hand into the air like an overzealous elementary child)....but I'm not gonna ruin it
    Click Here for New to WI Open Carry Legal References and Informational Videos--- FAQ's http://Tinyurl.com/OpenCarry-WI

The Armed Badger A WI site dedicated to Concealed Carry in WI

"To disarm the people... was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." -- George Mason, Speech of June 14, 1788

http://Tinyurl.com/New-To-Guns to DL useful Info

Quote Originally Posted by motofixxer View Post
    oooh oooh i know (motofixxer shoots his hand into the air like an overzealous elementary child)....but i'm not gonna ruin it
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by PistolPackingMomma View Post
    Okay, I'll play. Can you spot where I'm concealing?

(No spoiling it if you saw the other thread)
    Droolz. Oh sorry. That's you?

"Flash bang"? If so -- could you show us precisely how it fits on your body? I've been curious....
    Last edited by TheQ; 01-30-2012 at 03:23 PM.

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q...flashbang2.jpg

URL name says I win!

What's my prize?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast