Thread: Ron Paul still going strong

Ron Paul still going strong

http://news.yahoo.com/paul-says-no-i...202107665.html

"GORHAM, Maine (AP) — Ron Paul said Saturday the Republican presidential race has "a ways to go" and he doesn't intend to get out or get behind another candidate anytime soon.
    The Texas congressman was campaigning Saturday in Maine, which holds caucuses beginning Feb. 4. He spoke to an overflow crowd at the University of Southern Maine and held an outdoor rally outside the famed L.L. Bean store in Freeport. He picked up the endorsement of Linda Bean, the granddaughter of the Bean company founder and a prominent Republican activist in the state.
    Paul told reporters that it didn't make sense for him to campaign in Florida, which holds its primary Tuesday and awards all its 50 delegates to the winner. Polling indicates Mitt Romney is leading the field there.
    "Some other campaigns have many, many millions of dollars to run a campaign," Paul said. "We maximize the delegates the way we're doing it."
    Paul planned to campaign next week in other caucus states, including Nevada, which also holds its caucus on Feb. 4, and Colorado and Minnesota, which hold caucuses Feb. 7.
    Paul dismissed suggestions he would back any of his GOP rivals.
    "I think that's premature. We have a ways to go," Paul said, adding he was glad they were speaking favorably about some of his libertarian-leaning views."

Same.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Read an editorial in the Washington Times yesterday where the writer surmised that as Ron Paul and Romney are the only two on the VA ballot, (write-ins are not allowed) that Ron Paul would win the Republician primary in VA.

To me, that VA primary is going to be the most interesting the whole season. Go Ron Paul!!!! we are behind you all the way.

This election is the one that I am waiting on. Hope RP thrashes MR.
    The thing about common sense is....it ain't too common.
    Will Rogers

He's got no chance unless he polishes his answer to foreign policy questions, instead of rambling and answering in such a way that commentators can easily make it seem like he is to the left of Obama.
    Don't believe any facts that I say! This is the internet and it is filled with lies and untruth. I invite you to look up for yourself the basic facts that my arguments might be based upon. This way we can have a discussion where logic and hints on where to find information are what is brought to the forum and people look up and verify facts for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by rodbender View Post
    Our Guv'na is kissing mitt @$$ to try and be the mini mitt! The GOP changed their rules for delegates going to Tampa. Just imagine if mcDonald is the VP nominee, but the Commonwealth casts their rules otes for Ron Paul!
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Quote Originally Posted by rodbender View Post
    That would make me excited. It'd give me a reason to vote R instead of I or even *gasp* D.

The rest of the R field is so bad right now that I could not in good conscience vote for them.
    "If we were to ever consider citizenship as the least bit matter of merit instead of birthright, imagine who should be selected as deserved representation of our democracy: someone who would risk their daily livelihood to cast an individually statistically insignificant vote, or those who wrap themselves in the flag against slightest slights." - agenthex

Quote Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
    The rest of the R field is so bad right now that I could not in good conscience vote for them.

Unfortunately I agree with you.

I don't much care if it's going to be Mitt v Barack. Big government, big spending, big plans to circumvent the Constitution if it interferes with their agenda.

I hate to sound fatalistic, I really do, but I often wonder if hitting the wall and then the reset button is the only thing that's going to eventually elicit change for the better.

Instead of legislators, judges, cops, DA's etc. admiring, respecting, and upholding the limits pressed upon them by our Constitution, so many seem to either surreptitiously or blatantly strategize around those limits to achieve their controlling goals.

Sometimes I wish I could stick my head in the sand like the vast majority of Americans. I'd probably sleep better, but that aint me.

Live free or die.
    Last edited by Smith45acp; 01-30-2012 at 10:15 PM.
    "In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain

I don't bother with pragmatic statistics while discussing my constitutional rights. The issue is far less complex, to me. Free men should be able to act like free men.

Quote Originally Posted by Smith45acp View Post
    Unfortunately I agree with you.

I don't much care if it's going to be Mitt v Barack. Big government, big spending, big plans to circumvent the Constitution if it interferes with their agenda.

I hate to sound fatalistic, I really do, but I often wonder if hitting the wall and then the reset button is the only thing that's going to eventually elicit change for the better.

Instead of legislators, judges, cops, DA's etc. admiring, respecting, and upholding the limits pressed upon them by our Constitution, so many seem to either surreptitiously or blatantly strategize around those limits to achieve their controlling goals.

Sometimes I wish I could stick my head in the sand like the vast majority of Americans. I'd probably sleep better, but that aint me.

Live free or die.
    What reset button, there is no such thing anymore. It is now just a release that would have us fall into a world governance structure.
    Don't believe any facts that I say! This is the internet and it is filled with lies and untruth. I invite you to look up for yourself the basic facts that my arguments might be based upon. This way we can have a discussion where logic and hints on where to find information are what is brought to the forum and people look up and verify facts for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Daylen View Post
    He's got no chance unless he polishes his answer to foreign policy questions, instead of rambling and answering in such a way that commentators can easily make it seem like he is to the left of Obama.
    You might be surprised how many Americans do not think the US should be the policeman of the world.

As for Isreal? If you are not Jewish, or a dispensationalist, (dispensationalists are mostly baptists, but not all baptists are dispensationalist, and not all dispensationalists are Baptist), like me, you probably really do not care. I'm Lutheran, and I could care less if Isreal has a war with whomever, and wins or looses. First, that is not what I read in Holy Scripture, and second, not everyone in our country is a dispensationalist. There is a reason not to mix religion and politics, this is one.

Isreal can do what it wants IMHO, and if you, personally, want to send money, or physically go help Isreal, go, I don't care if you bleed for someone or something you care about, that is your problem, not mine.... just don't use my US tax dollars, or endanger US troops, and I'm ok with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Daylen View Post
    What reset button, there is no such thing anymore. It is now just a release that would have us fall into a world governance structure.
    That's kind of a scary thought.

Though, I always have thought of that "reset button" as an absolute last of last resorts.

There is no real alternative to peaceful reform, but it is going to be a long row to hoe. The disconnect between government and the wants of the people has grown so great, and the people's frustrations so completely, manipulatively focused on maintaining the very system which perpetuates this rift, that I don't see things changing for the better any time soon.

That leaves me with my rarely-successful attempts to influence others, and voting for the Libertarian candidate if Paul loses the Republican nomination, for the foreseeable future.

Meh.

/random musings
    Last edited by marshaul; 01-31-2012 at 08:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hermannr View Post
    You might be surprised how many Americans do not think the US should be the policeman of the world.

As for Isreal? If you are not Jewish, or a dispensationalist, (dispensationalists are mostly baptists, but not all baptists are dispensationalist, and not all dispensationalists are Baptist), like me, you probably really do not care. I'm Lutheran, and I could care less if Isreal has a war with whomever, and wins or looses. First, that is not what I read in Holy Scripture, and second, not everyone in our country is a dispensationalist. There is a reason not to mix religion and politics, this is one.

Isreal can do what it wants IMHO, and if you, personally, want to send money, or physically go help Isreal, go, I don't care if you bleed for someone or something you care about, that is your problem, not mine.... just don't use my US tax dollars, or endanger US troops, and I'm ok with that.
    I'm not saying his ideas are wrong or people disagree with them. Just that the way he rambles on and phrases things has the tone of an unprepared liberal instead of a Jeffersonian Republican.

Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    That's kind of a scary thought.
    Indubitably.