• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ron Paul still going strong

since9

Campaign Veteran
http://news.yahoo.com/paul-says-no-intention-dropping-202107665.html

"GORHAM, Maine (AP) — Ron Paul said Saturday the Republican presidential race has "a ways to go" and he doesn't intend to get out or get behind another candidate anytime soon.
The Texas congressman was campaigning Saturday in Maine, which holds caucuses beginning Feb. 4. He spoke to an overflow crowd at the University of Southern Maine and held an outdoor rally outside the famed L.L. Bean store in Freeport. He picked up the endorsement of Linda Bean, the granddaughter of the Bean company founder and a prominent Republican activist in the state.
Paul told reporters that it didn't make sense for him to campaign in Florida, which holds its primary Tuesday and awards all its 50 delegates to the winner. Polling indicates Mitt Romney is leading the field there.
"Some other campaigns have many, many millions of dollars to run a campaign," Paul said. "We maximize the delegates the way we're doing it."
Paul planned to campaign next week in other caucus states, including Nevada, which also holds its caucus on Feb. 4, and Colorado and Minnesota, which hold caucuses Feb. 7.
Paul dismissed suggestions he would back any of his GOP rivals.
"I think that's premature. We have a ways to go," Paul said, adding he was glad they were speaking favorably about some of his libertarian-leaning views."

Same.

hermannr

Read an editorial in the Washington Times yesterday where the writer surmised that as Ron Paul and Romney are the only two on the VA ballot, (write-ins are not allowed) that Ron Paul would win the Republician primary in VA.

To me, that VA primary is going to be the most interesting the whole season. Go Ron Paul!!!! we are behind you all the way.

Daylen

He's got no chance unless he polishes his answer to foreign policy questions, instead of rambling and answering in such a way that commentators can easily make it seem like he is to the left of Obama.

Thundar

This election is the one that I am waiting on. Hope RP thrashes MR.

Our Guv'na is kissing mitt @$$ to try and be the mini mitt! The GOP changed their rules for delegates going to Tampa. Just imagine if mcDonald is the VP nominee, but the Commonwealth casts their rules otes for Ron Paul!

Tawnos

This election is the one that I am waiting on. Hope RP thrashes MR.

That would make me excited. It'd give me a reason to vote R instead of I or even *gasp* D.

The rest of the R field is so bad right now that I could not in good conscience vote for them.

Smith45acp

The rest of the R field is so bad right now that I could not in good conscience vote for them.

Unfortunately I agree with you.

I don't much care if it's going to be Mitt v Barack. Big government, big spending, big plans to circumvent the Constitution if it interferes with their agenda.

I hate to sound fatalistic, I really do, but I often wonder if hitting the wall and then the reset button is the only thing that's going to eventually elicit change for the better.

Instead of legislators, judges, cops, DA's etc. admiring, respecting, and upholding the limits pressed upon them by our Constitution, so many seem to either surreptitiously or blatantly strategize around those limits to achieve their controlling goals.

Sometimes I wish I could stick my head in the sand like the vast majority of Americans. I'd probably sleep better, but that aint me.

Live free or die.

Last edited:

Daylen

Unfortunately I agree with you.

I don't much care if it's going to be Mitt v Barack. Big government, big spending, big plans to circumvent the Constitution if it interferes with their agenda.

I hate to sound fatalistic, I really do, but I often wonder if hitting the wall and then the reset button is the only thing that's going to eventually elicit change for the better.

Instead of legislators, judges, cops, DA's etc. admiring, respecting, and upholding the limits pressed upon them by our Constitution, so many seem to either surreptitiously or blatantly strategize around those limits to achieve their controlling goals.

Sometimes I wish I could stick my head in the sand like the vast majority of Americans. I'd probably sleep better, but that aint me.

Live free or die.

What reset button, there is no such thing anymore. It is now just a release that would have us fall into a world governance structure.

hermannr

He's got no chance unless he polishes his answer to foreign policy questions, instead of rambling and answering in such a way that commentators can easily make it seem like he is to the left of Obama.

You might be surprised how many Americans do not think the US should be the policeman of the world.

As for Isreal? If you are not Jewish, or a dispensationalist, (dispensationalists are mostly baptists, but not all baptists are dispensationalist, and not all dispensationalists are Baptist), like me, you probably really do not care. I'm Lutheran, and I could care less if Isreal has a war with whomever, and wins or looses. First, that is not what I read in Holy Scripture, and second, not everyone in our country is a dispensationalist. There is a reason not to mix religion and politics, this is one.

Isreal can do what it wants IMHO, and if you, personally, want to send money, or physically go help Isreal, go, I don't care if you bleed for someone or something you care about, that is your problem, not mine.... just don't use my US tax dollars, or endanger US troops, and I'm ok with that.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
What reset button, there is no such thing anymore. It is now just a release that would have us fall into a world governance structure.

That's kind of a scary thought.

Though, I always have thought of that "reset button" as an absolute last of last resorts.

There is no real alternative to peaceful reform, but it is going to be a long row to hoe. The disconnect between government and the wants of the people has grown so great, and the people's frustrations so completely, manipulatively focused on maintaining the very system which perpetuates this rift, that I don't see things changing for the better any time soon.

That leaves me with my rarely-successful attempts to influence others, and voting for the Libertarian candidate if Paul loses the Republican nomination, for the foreseeable future.

Meh.

/random musings

Last edited:

Daylen

You might be surprised how many Americans do not think the US should be the policeman of the world.

As for Isreal? If you are not Jewish, or a dispensationalist, (dispensationalists are mostly baptists, but not all baptists are dispensationalist, and not all dispensationalists are Baptist), like me, you probably really do not care. I'm Lutheran, and I could care less if Isreal has a war with whomever, and wins or looses. First, that is not what I read in Holy Scripture, and second, not everyone in our country is a dispensationalist. There is a reason not to mix religion and politics, this is one.

Isreal can do what it wants IMHO, and if you, personally, want to send money, or physically go help Isreal, go, I don't care if you bleed for someone or something you care about, that is your problem, not mine.... just don't use my US tax dollars, or endanger US troops, and I'm ok with that.

I'm not saying his ideas are wrong or people disagree with them. Just that the way he rambles on and phrases things has the tone of an unprepared liberal instead of a Jeffersonian Republican.