Thread: Anyone carry a revolver in a cartridge belt and holster?

Anyone carry a revolver in a cartridge belt and holster?

The gun I carry the most is a Ruger super blackhawk with a 7 1/2 barrel, the heft of this gun almost pulled my pants down a couple of times, so I started packing it on a KKK cartridge belt with matching holster, never had no more trouble with it even while hiking in rough hills, Thats my favorite way to carry! whats yours?

Welcome back. I didn't think we would see you again.

I just carry with a fobus paddle holster, I don't ever have to worry about it pulling my pants down.

Good holster, But I like leather holsters best.And I havent been gone that long have I ?

I often carry my Ruger Vaquero 7.5" .45 in a cartridge belt with straight drop holster. Comfortable, and STYLISH, especially with Winchester Silvertips!
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

.45 Long colt Ruger bearcat, extra rounds are kept in my poket, i haven't much use for a cartridge belt. though I am curious as to what a "KKK cartridge belt" is ... please tell me it isn't a belt with the Ku Klux Klan symbol on it ._.
    I'm a proud openly gay open carrier~
    Trained SKYWARN spotter, and veteran Storm Chaser.
    =^.^= ~<3~ =^.^=
    Beware the Pink Camo clad gay redneck.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeZ07 View Post
    .45 Long colt Ruger bearcat, extra rounds are kept in my poket, i haven't much use for a cartridge belt. though I am curious as to what a "KKK cartridge belt" is ... please tell me it isn't a belt with the Ku Klux Klan symbol on it ._.
    LOL! A KKK is short for "Triple K" brand, good quality stuff if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGunsmith92 View Post
    Good holster, But I like leather holsters best.And I havent been gone that long have I ?
    No, but we do get a lot of one stop people here. It is always nice to see someone return.

I have an old Colt Officers Model .38 (1926) that I sometimes carry in a Ross leather hunting holster. (the holster is actually for a Python, but the Officers Model fits perfectly too. I have a heavy and very stiff (two layer, stitched and glued) RNR gun leather belt that works for the jeans and the gun at the same time. That belt will hold up your pants and any gun you hitch to it.

I carry my 1858 New model Army ( either the full sized or short bbl.depending on my immediate needs) in a hunter style holster on a civil war officers belt w/ a spare cylinder in tow.
    He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent which will reach to himself. -- Thomas Paine (1737--1809), Dissertation on First Principles of Government, 1795

I have carried my gen 1 Colt SAA in a Mernicle Holster and Cartridge Belt on occassion. I will be carrying it that way in Tombstone Arizona during Wild West Days in February.
    Speed is fine
    Accuracy is final