• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone carry a revolver in a cartridge belt and holster?

TheGunsmith92

The gun I carry the most is a Ruger super blackhawk with a 7 1/2 barrel, the heft of this gun almost pulled my pants down a couple of times, so I started packing it on a KKK cartridge belt with matching holster, never had no more trouble with it even while hiking in rough hills, Thats my favorite way to carry! whats yours?

09jisaac

Welcome back. I didn't think we would see you again.

I just carry with a fobus paddle holster, I don't ever have to worry about it pulling my pants down.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
I often carry my Ruger Vaquero 7.5" .45 in a cartridge belt with straight drop holster. Comfortable, and STYLISH, especially with Winchester Silvertips!

DrakeZ07

.45 Long colt Ruger bearcat, extra rounds are kept in my poket, i haven't much use for a cartridge belt. though I am curious as to what a "KKK cartridge belt" is ... please tell me it isn't a belt with the Ku Klux Klan symbol on it ._.

TheGunsmith92

.45 Long colt Ruger bearcat, extra rounds are kept in my poket, i haven't much use for a cartridge belt. though I am curious as to what a "KKK cartridge belt" is ... please tell me it isn't a belt with the Ku Klux Klan symbol on it ._.

LOL! A KKK is short for "Triple K" brand, good quality stuff if you ask me.

hermannr

I have an old Colt Officers Model .38 (1926) that I sometimes carry in a Ross leather hunting holster. (the holster is actually for a Python, but the Officers Model fits perfectly too. I have a heavy and very stiff (two layer, stitched and glued) RNR gun leather belt that works for the jeans and the gun at the same time. That belt will hold up your pants and any gun you hitch to it.

hotrod

I have carried my gen 1 Colt SAA in a Mernicle Holster and Cartridge Belt on occassion. I will be carrying it that way in Tombstone Arizona during Wild West Days in February.