• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A mans quest for a zombie

09jisaac

It all started with this man:
View attachment 7848http://zombieindustries.com/shop/chris-zombie/
Chris, my Remington 700VTR .308 and I.

I received him from a very special girl, I don't remember her named off the top of my head though (thanks pretty [brown?] eyes, I hope we meet again some day). He was a Christmas present. One that was quickly destroyed. It took what seemed like exactly 10 min and 300+ rds of 5.56 and 7.62 before he was turned mostly in to mush. His insides were just made out of paintballs and styrofoam. I had to see if I could make a better zombie, and for $80 I could probably fill him with gold.

Here is my lovely assistant, I call her "derp" (I think she has a name). She is shredding old newspapers to give our plaster mold some strength. Damn, she looks soo angry, I think I might have tooted. She is wearing a trash bag too keep the plaster off of her skin and a shower cap to keep it out of her hair.
View attachment 7849

Got some supplies together. Gotst to have my pepsi, a 30lb bag of plaster, a gallon of water (not all shown), the strips of newspaper and my model Derp.
View attachment 7850

Some mild sedatives (roofies) and she was out like a light. Ready to be worked. Need my hacksaw, some rubber gloves, wait..... No..... This is my zombie mold.
View attachment 7853

Now, I covered her in petroleum jelly (yum) and I am ready to start. HUGE globs of plaster and spread it out.
View attachment 7856

Now to pull it off.
Ooops, looks like I put WAY too much plaster in between her torso and arm. Now she don't have to shave her arms though, thats a plus. She wouldn't quit screaming at me for hurting her as I yanked it off. She is such a baby, she got to keep most of her skin. Some band aids (to her skin) and some tape (to her mouth) and we're both good to.
View attachment 7857

Now I paint on glue to remove the wrinkles that the trash bag left in the plaster, and to glue the parts back on that I broke off. Mmmmm, love the smell of superglue in a small room.
View attachment 7858

Sadly I didn't get the plaster on my model fast enough so it started to harden in my tote. This meant that I couldn't start on her head, which she didn't complain about as she hated me shoving plaster in her ears anyways. I guess it'll just be a torso to practice with, to perfect my technic, to make my GF into a zombie.

Now all I have to do is fill my mold with whatever. I hope I can do better than paintballs and styrofoam though. I am thinking corn starch goop and water balloons with corn syrup and food coloring would work good.

Stop me now if you all don't want to hear anymore of this. If you don't I'll continue posting my quest to make a zombie.

brekay

It looks like you had a lot of fun with this. I cant wait to see it after it is all finished!!

(I bet a mold of you would look really nice.) ; )

DrakeZ07

@ second picture; she look's peeved.

@ fifth picture; it seems it would be NSFW :p Don't use Petro jelly, that stuff burns! ... oh wait, your using it on the trashbags... never mind... >.>

You're strange...

I like strange...

Tis all fun and games, till you take an arrow to the knee. (I've been waiting for a good post to use that meme >.>)

Seriously, this is a fun idea, you should post schematics, and designs, drawn and photographed, maybe... maybe make a video of it ... <.< ... So the rest of us could 'try' to make our partners into zombies, yeah, let's go with that. :p

Last edited:

09jisaac

@ second picture; she look's peeved.

@ fifth picture; it seems it would be NSFW :p Don't use Petro jelly, that stuff burns! ... oh wait, your using it on the trashbags... never mind... >.>

You're strange...

I like strange...

Tis all fun and games, till you take an arrow to the knee. (I've been waiting for a good post to use that meme >.>)

Seriously, this is a fun idea, you should post schematics, and designs, drawn and photographed, maybe... maybe make a video of it ... <.< ... So the rest of us could 'try' to make our partners into zombies, yeah, let's go with that. :p

I originally was going to do her face too, so I spread petroleum jelly over her face, parts of her hair and her upper arms. She seemed not to have any burns. And I haven't did anymore to this since taking those pictures. I have been waiting for the plaster to fully cure.

I was beginning to think that I posted this for no reason. It seemed like no one was interested.

Like I said in my original post, my gf got the zombie in 1st pic for me for christmas for around $80 and that just wasn't my particular cup of tea. So I decided to make my own.

Dreamer

Don't use Petro jelly, that stuff burns! ...

When the OP says "petroleum jelly", I think he means Vasoline, not Napalm.

If Vasoline burns your skin, "DrakeZ07", you should make an apointment with a dermatologist and get checked out...

Last edited:

HKcarrier

RE: disinterest in your project... I was interested.. just waiting for further updates... didn't have anything to add so I didn't. :)

09jisaac

Then I'll try to hurry up and do something else with it. I'll usually only do it on the weekend because that is when Bre is home from school. To the zombie!!!

**I received an email from customer service (CEO/president) from the company that makes the original zombie. He seems like a pretty good guy and even offered me %50 off because I rated his product only 2 stars. After discussing things with Bre it seems that my expectations of his product was unreachably high.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
All I got to say is that is love!! I showed this to my wife and she said f*** no, and she doesn't curse...lol

I am also interested to see the finished project. What is going to keep the plaster from shattering into hundreds of pieces the first time you shoot it with that .308?

09jisaac

The plaster should be, hopefully, a reusable mold..... I am planning on being able to fill this with stuff like jello, ballistics gel, or anything of the like.....

DrakeZ07

When the OP says "petroleum jelly", I think he means Vasoline, not Napalm.

If Vasoline burns your skin, "DrakeZ07", you should make an apointment with a dermatologist and get checked out...

So much thought into what I said about the petro jelly ...

No, I didn't mean napalm.

Yes I know he meant Vaseline.

No Vaseline doesn't burn your skin, or mine.

I was making a dirty joke, correlating petrojelly to how it's sometimes used in place of things like KY Jelly ... and the burning from it...

Y'all need to get your minds off the street, and into the gutter once in a while, explaining it takes all the fun from it :p