• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Concealed Carry Outfits for Women

PistolPackingMomma

(Finally...I have been meaning to get this done since...well, that's not important, lol. Our son is teething now, so he's taking really short naps, and not very many of them.)

I've heard lots of women say they don't carry because they don't have the wardrobe conducive to concealing a weapon, and they don't want to buy special clothes just so they can carry.
The good news is, you don't necessarily have to! With the right holster, you can conceal with your every day clothes.

Holster: Flashbang Bra holster
Gun: Kel-tec P3AT
Thoughts: This holster isn't uncomfortable, and maybe it's because I was using the second longest strap and a wireless bra, but I had trouble keeping it from slipping and having the magazine well poking out and making a funny lump under my shirt. As long as I kept a good posture though, it stayed put, and was completely invisible. This would be a good option if you're wearing a skirt and don't have a thigh holster.

flashbang2.jpg

flashbang4.jpg

flashbang7.jpg

Holster: Sneaky Pete
Gun: Kel-tec P3AT
Thoughts: This holster slides onto your belt, and the flap is secured magnetically. It's pretty comfortable and doesn't look like a holster at all. It comes in several different colors, so you can be dressy or casual, and you can choose different sizes for different guns.

sneakypetepink3.jpg

sneakypetepink2.jpg

sneakypetepink1.jpg

PistolPackingMomma

Holster: Crossbreed Supertuck IWB
Gun: Bersa BP9
Thoughts: This holster is probably the most comfortable IWB holster I've ever worn, and I love it! It's very easy to conceal, whether you wear a looser shirt or a more fitted one.

blueshirt3.jpg

blueshirt2.jpg

greenshirtlongsleeve2.jpg

greenshirtlongsleeve1.jpg

greenshirtlongsleeveset23.jpg

greenshirtlongsleeveset24.jpg

PistolPackingMomma

Holster: Black leather thumb-break OTW(brand unknown)
Gun: Bersa BP9
Thoughts: This holster slides onto your belt, and you will need a sturdy gun belt to help hug it close to your body. I prefer to OC around the house with this holster, but you can conceal it, and it's comfortable to wear since it's outside the waistband.

redcardi2.jpg

redcardi1.jpg

redcardi3.jpg

redcardi4.jpg

Holster: Quick Draw by Tague
Gun: West German Sig P220
Thoughts: This is my husband's gun, and a bit too big for me to comfortably wear, but I wanted to show that you can conceal a larger gun. It does take a little more work, but still do-able.

whitecardisig3.jpg

whitecardisig5.jpg

PistolPackingMomma

Holster: Blackhawk Nylon OWB
Gun: Bersa Thunder CC
Thoughts: Another slide on the belt holster. The advantage of this holster is that it helps break up the shape of the gun, so even if it prints a little, it's not immediately obvious it's a gun.

purplecardicc1.jpg

purplecardicc2.jpg

Holster: Blackhawk Ankle holster
Gun: Bersa Thunder CC
Thoughts: This is my BUG carry rig, and it's pretty comfortable, although if you have the option to get a holster with some kind of fleece backing, I'd recommend it. Some of the elastic/nylon/stitching can get a little itchy, but re-positioning the holster can help. I love that I can wear sweat pants and still be armed!

ankleholster2.jpg

ankleholster3.jpg

ankleholster4.jpg

ankleholster5.jpg

ankleholster6.jpg

Since it's winter, I wear cardigans a lot. I plan to do another set of pictures with more summer time clothes when we get closer to spring. I've noticed that wearing dark colors or patterns helps break up the shape and disguise it better, and generally the longer your top, the better.
I also ordered a thigh holster, which should arrive in a couple of weeks, so after I get that I'll add more pictures.

Ladies, if you have any tips or secrets that work for you, feel free to contribute!

Last edited:

HKcarrier

Thanks for posting... I"m going to show these around.... (to ladies interested in guns ofcourse... lol)

DrakeZ07

I love how slimming those outfits are, and neatly hide the sidearm, I wonder if their from the GAP, or if Abercrombie and Fitch might have such slimming outfits~ <3

Female clothes fit me better, and it's so hard to find a pair of male jeans to match my form fitting tops~ I love the leather holster, the lil strap one that is, and the leather belt~ Do you think it'd match my revolver, or better suited for the hi-point? :eek:

Dreamer

Great job of clothing choice and holster choice to successfully CC. CC is particularly difficult for women, given the geometry of the female body and the tendancy toward form-fitting clothing (As opposed to mens' clothing which gives us a lot more boxy profile with sports coats and Hawaiian shirts). You've shown that it CAN be done, and done with style without sacrificing the "feminine" look.

The only DEAD GIVEAWAY for someone who "knows what to look for" is the gun belt. It pooches out in the front where the buckle is, in a manner that NO "designer" belt made for a woman would. Most folks will just think you're wearing a really chunky belt as some sort of punky fashion statement, or some will think you have a "muffin top"... :rolleyes:

But those of us with trained eyes will know (or at least suspect) right away that "this kitten has claws." (and I mean that in the most respectful way possible...)

BTW, most LEOs probably won't catch the belt thing, because most aren't trained to look for guns from "secondary signifiers" like heavy belts, or even to consider most women as carrying. They generally only get that sort of visual training working with security details, or the Secret Service, or undercover ops...

PistolPackingMomma

Yes, love her videos. Cornedcat.com also has good ideas.

Thanks for posting... I"m going to show these around.... (to ladies interested in guns ofcourse... lol)

Of course ;)

I love how slimming those outfits are, and neatly hide the sidearm, I wonder if their from the GAP, or if Abercrombie and Fitch might have such slimming outfits~ <3

Female clothes fit me better, and it's so hard to find a pair of male jeans to match my form fitting tops~ I love the leather holster, the lil strap one that is, and the leather belt~ Do you think it'd match my revolver, or better suited for the hi-point? :eek:

Most of my clothes are from Ann Taylor Loft, Express or Target.

Great job of clothing choice and holster choice to successfully CC. CC is particularly difficult for women, given the geometry of the female body and the tendancy toward form-fitting clothing (As opposed to mens' clothing which gives us a lot more boxy profile with sports coats and Hawaiian shirts). You've shown that it CAN be done, and done with style without sacrificing the "feminine" look.

This is exactly why I wanted to do this. Most women think they have to buy bulky, shapeless clothes to be able to carry. It just ain't so!

The only DEAD GIVEAWAY for someone who "knows what to look for" is the gun belt. It pooches out in the front where the buckle is, in a manner that NO "designer" belt made for a woman would. Most folks will just think you're wearing a really chunky belt as some sort of punky fashion statement, or some will think you have a "muffin top"... :rolleyes:

But those of us with trained eyes will know (or at least suspect) right away that "this kitten has claws." (and I mean that in the most respectful way possible...)

BTW, most LEOs probably won't catch the belt thing, because most aren't trained to look for guns from "secondary signifiers" like heavy belts, or even to consider most women as carrying. They generally only get that sort of visual training working with security details, or the Secret Service, or undercover ops...

I agree with you on the belt thing. It's actually my husband's belt, and it's too long for me, so it bulks up a lot. We're going to get one in my size. Eventually.

I also like to practice "passive aggressive" concealment (though not for these pictures). I have to CC in SC, but if you are 'trained' then yes, you'll be able to guess that I'm carrying, and where. I don't let my weapons print, (because that would be against the law) but I like to be as obvious as I can.

Jack House

The first one is awesome. If my girlfriend wore that, I imagine I would have to frequently check the holster, make sure everything is good and tight and not about to full out or soemthing. ;)

Immaturity aside...

These two look like potential problems. The first appears as though it would be fairly easy for the shirt to ride up the holster and gun and get stuck behind it, those exposing. The worst part of this is that because it's in the back, unless you are regularly checking it, you may not realize your gun has become exposed. This can cause serious problems in certain states and areas.

The second seems transparent. Black gun on a pink shirt under a thin white over shirt. I can see the gun.

Actually, technically I can see the gun in both photos.

As for concealing large handguns. IDK how the one you had compares in size to my P99AS, nor have I had the chance to try concealing larger handguns. But my P99 is a good sized gun and I can conceal it pretty comfortably. It feels weird to go without it.

PistolPackingMomma

The first one is awesome. If my girlfriend wore that, I imagine I would have to frequently check the holster, make sure everything is good and tight and not about to full out or soemthing. ;)

Immaturity aside...

These two look like potential problems. The first appears as though it would be fairly easy for the shirt to ride up the holster and gun and get stuck behind it, those exposing. The worst part of this is that because it's in the back, unless you are regularly checking it, you may not realize your gun has become exposed. This can cause serious problems in certain states and areas.

The second seems transparent. Black gun on a pink shirt under a thin white over shirt. I can see the gun.

Actually, technically I can see the gun in both photos.

As for concealing large handguns. IDK how the one you had compares in size to my P99AS, nor have I had the chance to try concealing larger handguns. But my P99 is a good sized gun and I can conceal it pretty comfortably. It feels weird to go without it.

They aren't perfect; but the cami I'm wearing in the first photo is actually pretty tight, so if it rides up, I'd notice. The big thing is making sure the cardigan doesn't get caught on the butt of the gun, but then again, I subconsciously "check" it every couple of minutes to make sure it's hanging loose and free. But yes, it is something you have to be aware of, and it definitely has its flaws.

As for being transparent; the white cardigan is more for high visibility in the photos; originally I was wearing a black one, but it was difficult to see any details.
If you look carefully, you can not only see the gun, but my tattoo, and the tag on my shirt ;)

Jack House

As a Texas resident, I always have to conceal. So when I am getting dressed to go out and plan on carrying, I have to consider the likelihood of what I am wearing causing an accidental exposure. I don't know how the local PD would react if they got a MWAG call and that was the case. I also have to think about what I am doing and how that will affect things. For instance I go to the bar fairly often to play pool and have a burger. Maybe a beer. The bar is not a 51% so this is legal. However almost everyone I talk to is horribly misinformed about carry laws. So I am very serious about keeping it concealed while at the bar. I have no desire to attempt to educate the entire town about gun laws and why there is no need to fear a sober man shooting pool at the bar while carrying. I certainly can't afford it.

Anyway, I've side tracked quite a bit. My point is that the first outfit is something I definitely would not wear. I believe that every time you bend over, the shirt will rise up and expose the gun. I'm not sure if it will rise up high enough over the gun to get stuck behind it, but it will rise enough to expose it. I certainly wouldn't wear it while playing pool. :p

The second, I see what you mean. I definitely would not wear that on a windy day. They are such a pain in the ass.

Your outfits do look great. But when carrying concealed, it is not enough that the gun is hidden while standing up straight. You also have to consider the likelihood of the gun being exposed while bending over or be wind if it is a particularly windy day. It's no fun to walk around holding your over shirt/jacket/whatever to your side the entire time you are outdoors.

There is always a risk that your gun will be exposed, especially if you plan on having it readily accessible in case of emergency. The best way to choose your concealed carry clothing is to consider the risk of exposure and figure out whether or not the risk is too great. Not every situation is the same. When I helped my friend clear his lot, I open carried, so I didn't care if the clothes I was wearing had a high chance of exposure, because I would only be concealing for a short while. When going to the store, medium risk is acceptable. When going to the bar, as little risk as possible is the only acceptable option.

You are doing a great job, for the most part your examples look great while maintaining functionality. I just personally find the risk of exposure with that first outfit to be too high for most outings.

Posted using my HTCEvo via Tapatalk

PistolPackingMomma

As a Texas resident, I always have to conceal.

Same thing here in SC.

Anyway, I've side tracked quite a bit. My point is that the first outfit is something I definitely would not wear. I believe that every time you bend over, the shirt will rise up and expose the gun. I'm not sure if it will rise up high enough over the gun to get stuck behind it, but it will rise enough to expose it. I certainly wouldn't wear it while playing pool. :p

Yeah, it is an issue. When I wear that outfit, I try not to bend over; rather I squat down with my back straight. Ballet training helps :) If I do have to bend over, I have my hand on my shirt holding it in place and my husband watches to make sure I'm not flashing anything I shouldn't. It's not perfect, by any means, and the issues you raise are valid, but not un-conquerable.

The second, I see what you mean. I definitely would not wear that on a windy day. They are such a pain in the ass.

I have worn the long cardigan out on a windy day, and I just wrap it around me and cross my arms, or hold part of the fabric on my strong side and put my hand in my pocket.

Your outfits do look great. But when carrying concealed, it is not enough that the gun is hidden while standing up straight. You also have to consider the likelihood of the gun being exposed while bending over or be wind if it is a particularly windy day. It's no fun to walk around holding your over shirt/jacket/whatever to your side the entire time you are outdoors.

Absolutely.

You are doing a great job, for the most part your examples look great while maintaining functionality. I just personally find the risk of exposure with that first outfit to be too high for most outings.

Posted using my HTCEvo via Tapatalk

Thanks, and I really do appreciate your thoughts on the matter. It's important to consider all pros and cons, and you've raised some great points. These outfits aren't the one size fits all solution; it's important to find what works best for your body type, what kind of holster/gun combo you're using, and how you can adapt it to work for you.

Dreamer

That's not what I've seen on the Internet... ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skyhCZGl8OA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwlJVNn3n1A

DesertRose

Hello all....new here. I found this site and thread while looking for holsters for women.

Being an older woman, I have a "H" body type, big boned and not very 'hippy". So I don't wear "fashionably tight jeans or slacks. Especially those with added "hips". On me they jut out like "wings" or jodphurs . Even as a teen, finding clothes that "fit" was a problem (and this when "Twiggy" was the rage)

Although this may sound easy for me to carry a holster made for a man's physique, I can and yet can't. Like most women, I am short waisted.

At present my favorite pistol is a Charter Arms 44 spl. 3" that I bought decades ago. I switched the shorter wooden grips to a pair of Pachmeyers shortly after buying it. My old leather holster was made by my husband but it canted too sharply and didn't flatten against my body very well. So, I am looking at trying to find a suitable outside and/or inside the pants holster. Any tips?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Hello all....new here. I found this site and thread while looking for holsters for women.

Being an older woman, I have a "H" body type, big boned and not very 'hippy". So I don't wear "fashionably tight jeans or slacks. Especially those with added "hips". On me they jut out like "wings" or jodphurs . Even as a teen, finding clothes that "fit" was a problem (and this when "Twiggy" was the rage)

Although this may sound easy for me to carry a holster made for a man's physique, I can and yet can't. Like most women, I am short waisted.

At present my favorite pistol is a Charter Arms 44 spl. 3" that I bought decades ago. I switched the shorter wooden grips to a pair of Pachmeyers shortly after buying it. My old leather holster was made by my husband but it canted too sharply and didn't flatten against my body very well. So, I am looking at trying to find a suitable outside and/or inside the pants holster. Any tips?

Hoster questions would get better response in the Holster & Accessories sub-forum:
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?138-Holsters-and-Accessories