• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New Member and First Time OC

WesFields

My name is Wes and just wanted to join and introduce myself. I live in Nashville, NC and work in Raleigh, NC. I am 22 years old and today was my first OC day! I must say I was really excited to be able to carry my weapon while I was out getting breakfast and shopping this morning.

Of course like everyone the first time OCing, I was really nervous. My like other have stated on the website, I was really surprise that no one said a word to me.

I went to breakfast at a little diner called West Mount Grill for breakfast and of course when I pulled into the parking lot there was a sheriff car out front. I must say my first time OCing that definitely spiked the nerves even higher because I knew he was in this place where I was about to walk with my gun on my hip.

I walked in and ordered, ate my breakfast and no one even said a word but I did get one surprising look from someone sitting at a near table.

I then proceeded to go the Walmart to pick up some 9mm and .40. Even the guy at the ammo counter didn't say a word to me. I walked around Walmart for about an hour shopping for a new belt and some other things. I got one nasty look from an employee who looked really surprised and puzzled why I had a gun on my hip.

I do own a G4 Glock 19 and a G4 Glock 23. The 23 is my carry weapon. I also am scheduled to take the CCW class on February 11th. I mostly go to the range in Raleigh called Eagle 1 since it's so close to work.

I look forward to learning tons more from the website and look forward to sharing my experience and any advice also.

dashowdy

First of welcome to OCDO wes good to have you on here. You will find most of your experiences will be uneventful and even positive I have yet to have a negative experience and I OC in the same places you do. I live right down the street from eagle one so I often go there on the weekends to go shoot, they are not the cheapest but I like there range and they let me OC in and out of the range, all around good guys. Again welcome to the forum if you ever need someone to shoot with on the weekend send me a pm.

firegoddess

Welcome
I'm glad to hear that ur 1st outting while OC'ing went so smoothly.I hope that that will continue to happen.Good Luck

Firegoddess

bc.cruiser

Welcome and Happy Birthday. Stick with carrying, and stay sharp. Continue to observe reactions around you; don't go out of your way to evoke a response, but be prepared to deal with it politely if it happens.

Carry some of the flyers with you for those who question the legality of carrying. Get real familiar with the NC General Statutes and your local ordinances.

Be calm, be cool, be aware, and enjoy!:cool: