Thread: Casting for a new documentary series about women who carry guns

Casting for a new documentary series about women who carry guns

New York production company is looking for strong, opinionated women who believe in their right to bear arms and are also mothers for a new documentary series. If this sounds like you and you're interested in more info, please email anna.solomovskaya@liontv.us Thanks!

What is the end goal of this documentary?
    Last edited by PistolPackingMomma; 01-30-2012 at 12:26 PM.

Herr Heckler Koch
    "Follow the money." (OCDO)

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

I know half a dozen, but they are all Democrates.

Quote Originally Posted by beebobby View Post
    I know half a dozen, but they are all Democrates.
    You say that as if it's a bad thing to be a Democrat.
    I'm a proud openly gay open carrier~
    Trained SKYWARN spotter, and veteran Storm Chaser.
    =^.^= ~<3~ =^.^=
    Beware the Pink Camo clad gay redneck.

Quote Originally Posted by LionTV View Post
    New York production company is looking for strong, opinionated women who believe in their right to bear arms and are also mothers for a new documentary series. If this sounds like you and you're interested in more info, please email anna.solomovskaya@liontv.us Thanks!
    Why do they have to be moms? Not interested in strong opinionated single women who carry?

Of course not.....just leave out the 'opinionated' part.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Of course not.....just leave out the 'opinionated' part.
    But then you lose the
    women who believe in their right to bear arms
    part as well.

I can see the
    and are also mothers
    as either a sexist hook for "momma bear protecting her cubs" or a different sexist hook of "soccer moms/cougars is hawt." But you know what? Sometimes you have to put attractive wrapping on the package in order to get the rubes to even look at it, let alone buy what you are selling.

It's going to be up to the individuals who respond to decide whether or not they can preserve their integrity.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

I'd consider emailing the OP just to find out, if:

1. I felt like giving my email address to an unknown person

2. I wasn't concerned they would put a stereotypical spin on it for ratings.

I would love to help encourage more people to carry, especially women, and if I felt this was on the up and up, I'd consider doing it.

ETA: You know what? I figured what the hell. I sent an email. If she responds, I'll post what she says.
    Last edited by PistolPackingMomma; 01-31-2012 at 11:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeZ07 View Post
    You say that as if it's a bad thing to be a Democrat.
    Not at all, I'm a Democrat. It's just that quite a few on this forum seem to think that only repubs believe in self defense and the right of LACs to own and carry firearms. I was just pointing out that the only women I know that carry are Dems.

Sweet... as soon as I saw this thread title... I knew who should check it out...

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...fits-for-Women

Let us know what you find out.
    When you put the gun in the holster, put the ego in the gun safe.

Not at all, I'm a Democrat. It's just that quite a few on this forum seem to think that only repubs believe in self defense and the right of LACs to own and carry firearms. I was just pointing out that the only women I know that carry are Dems.
    Ah, thought at first it was a directed insult or some sort of stereotypical jab at us, xD sorry for coming off wrong to ya. <3 <3
    I'm a proud openly gay open carrier~
    Trained SKYWARN spotter, and veteran Storm Chaser.
    =^.^= ~<3~ =^.^=
    Beware the Pink Camo clad gay redneck.

Cool! I sent it to my friend. She's a mother and former military cop. Very bright, and very cute. I hope she decides to do it.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Quote Originally Posted by PistolPackingMomma View Post
    I'd consider emailing the OP just to find out, if:

1. I felt like giving my email address to an unknown person

2. I wasn't concerned they would put a stereotypical spin on it for ratings.

I would love to help encourage more people to carry, especially women, and if I felt this was on the up and up, I'd consider doing it.

ETA: You know what? I figured what the hell. I sent an email. If she responds, I'll post what she says.
    What is the stereotypical spin?
    Don't believe any facts that I say! This is the internet and it is filled with lies and untruth. I invite you to look up for yourself the basic facts that my arguments might be based upon. This way we can have a discussion where logic and hints on where to find information are what is brought to the forum and people look up and verify facts for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Daylen View Post
    That only paranoid nutjobs and criminals carry firearms in this "enlightened" day and age.

Perhaps that's because you're a Dem? I know five women who routinely carry, and four of them are Replicans. (shrugs)

When it comes to the many proposed gun control bills over the last ten years, nearly all Democrats in Congress have supported them, while nearly all Republicans in Congress have rejected them, so it's little wonder that the majority of Americans see Dems=Gun Control while Republicants=RKBA. It's fairly accurate.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Quote Originally Posted by Daylen View Post
    Seriously?...

Haven't heard anything back from the OP yet. Shocker
    Last edited by PistolPackingMomma; 02-03-2012 at 08:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PistolPackingMomma View Post
    Seriously?...

Haven't heard anything back from the OP yet. Shocker
    Yes. I thought I knew what the liberal idea of gun owners and those who carry. However, considering the documentary is supposed to be about mothers and yet you are still worried about being cast as the stereotype has made me reconsider. I was under the impression that the stereotype was along the lines of John Stewart's open carry interview: old, fat, white, male republicans. I'm confused as to how you could be spun to fit old, fat, or male, and don't know about the republican part.
    Don't believe any facts that I say! This is the internet and it is filled with lies and untruth. I invite you to look up for yourself the basic facts that my arguments might be based upon. This way we can have a discussion where logic and hints on where to find information are what is brought to the forum and people look up and verify facts for themselves.

Fair enough.

My concern is they will portray mothers who carry as 'overly paranoid extremists that put their children in danger by having guns around them.'

It's entirely possible they may not put a spin of any sort on it at all, but I prefer to proceed cautiously.