• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Casting for a new documentary series about women who carry guns

LionTV

New York production company is looking for strong, opinionated women who believe in their right to bear arms and are also mothers for a new documentary series. If this sounds like you and you're interested in more info, please email anna.solomovskaya@liontv.us Thanks!

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Of course not.....just leave out the 'opinionated' part.

But then you lose the
women who believe in their right to bear arms
part as well.

I can see the
and are also mothers
as either a sexist hook for "momma bear protecting her cubs" or a different sexist hook of "soccer moms/cougars is hawt." But you know what? Sometimes you have to put attractive wrapping on the package in order to get the rubes to even look at it, let alone buy what you are selling.

It's going to be up to the individuals who respond to decide whether or not they can preserve their integrity.

stay safe.

PistolPackingMomma

I'd consider emailing the OP just to find out, if:

1. I felt like giving my email address to an unknown person

2. I wasn't concerned they would put a stereotypical spin on it for ratings.

I would love to help encourage more people to carry, especially women, and if I felt this was on the up and up, I'd consider doing it.

ETA: You know what? I figured what the hell. I sent an email. If she responds, I'll post what she says.

Last edited:

beebobby

You say that as if it's a bad thing to be a Democrat.

Not at all, I'm a Democrat. It's just that quite a few on this forum seem to think that only repubs believe in self defense and the right of LACs to own and carry firearms. I was just pointing out that the only women I know that carry are Dems.

DrakeZ07

Not at all, I'm a Democrat. It's just that quite a few on this forum seem to think that only repubs believe in self defense and the right of LACs to own and carry firearms. I was just pointing out that the only women I know that carry are Dems.

Ah, thought at first it was a directed insult or some sort of stereotypical jab at us, xD sorry for coming off wrong to ya. <3 <3

Daylen

I'd consider emailing the OP just to find out, if:

1. I felt like giving my email address to an unknown person

2. I wasn't concerned they would put a stereotypical spin on it for ratings.

I would love to help encourage more people to carry, especially women, and if I felt this was on the up and up, I'd consider doing it.

ETA: You know what? I figured what the hell. I sent an email. If she responds, I'll post what she says.

What is the stereotypical spin?

since9

Campaign Veteran
What is the stereotypical spin?

That only paranoid nutjobs and criminals carry firearms in this "enlightened" day and age.

Perhaps that's because you're a Dem? I know five women who routinely carry, and four of them are Replicans. (shrugs)

When it comes to the many proposed gun control bills over the last ten years, nearly all Democrats in Congress have supported them, while nearly all Republicans in Congress have rejected them, so it's little wonder that the majority of Americans see Dems=Gun Control while Republicants=RKBA. It's fairly accurate.

Daylen

Seriously?...

Haven't heard anything back from the OP yet. Shocker :rolleyes:

Yes. I thought I knew what the liberal idea of gun owners and those who carry. However, considering the documentary is supposed to be about mothers and yet you are still worried about being cast as the stereotype has made me reconsider. I was under the impression that the stereotype was along the lines of John Stewart's open carry interview: old, fat, white, male republicans. I'm confused as to how you could be spun to fit old, fat, or male, and don't know about the republican part.

PistolPackingMomma

Fair enough.

My concern is they will portray mothers who carry as 'overly paranoid extremists that put their children in danger by having guns around them.'

It's entirely possible they may not put a spin of any sort on it at all, but I prefer to proceed cautiously.