Thread: Firing Back at anti-gun columnist

Firing Back at anti-gun columnist

Columnist Pitts aims finger of blame at wrong target

Syndicated columnist Leonard Pitts yesterday fired off a missive blaming guns, published in the Seattle Times, and what he considers weak gun laws, for the shooting of Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords last year that led her ultimately to resign from office recently to focus on her recovery.

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-i...t-wrong-target

Pretty good response to a typical liberal gun banner.

Good job!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by FTG-05 View Post
    Pretty good response to a typical liberal gun banner.

Good job!
    Thank you.

As of this afternoon, Pitts hasn't responded.

I am done holding my breath. My skin turned purple about an hour ago

Great response article!!

Not that you should have covered it in your response... maybe... but Columnist Pitts opens with...

"In a democracy, nothing is supposed to matter more than the will of the people."

This is the type of BS these freedom haters use to arouse emotion because his logic is faulty, as is his statement. Of course we are not a democracy and that would mean that the "will" of the people is subject to the rule of law.

I'm surprised Pitts did not use "It takes a village to keep our kids safe from guns."

The public schools thing, never, ever, ever, ever gunna happen. School administrators see a road sign marked CAUTION COURTROOM AHEAD, and lawyers start making their shopping list.

Good response.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare