Thread: Carrying in National Forests in VA

Carrying in National Forests in VA

I am not what you would call a nature boy so my experience with this is limited. But the wife is dragging me to Wintergreen Ski Resort which is in George Washington National Forest. I plan on spending "my" time drinking hot cocoa and reading a book. But of course plan on being protected from violent hot cocoa thieves.

Anyone know the rules for carrying in a National Forest here in Virginia? OC? CC? (I have a VA CHP)

Thanks.
    Last edited by Fenris; 01-30-2012 at 02:25 PM. Reason: clarifying

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
    I am not what you would call a nature boy so my experience with this is limited. But the wife is dragging me to Wintergreen Ski Resort which is in George Washington National Forest. I plan on spending "my" time drinking hot cocoa and reading a book. But of course plan on being protected from violent hot cocoa thieves.

Anyone know the rules for carrying in a National Forest here in Virginia? OC? CC? (I have a VA CHP)

Thanks.
    It's still hunting season so either but for practical purposes since you're not hunting...Concealed with a permit.
    BTW, I'm pretty sure Wintergreen is private property that just borders the NF.

Their website mentions the NF not at all. Sure looks private, especially since they make a big deal about how they have real estate for sale on the mountain.