• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Carrying in National Forests in VA

Fenris

I am not what you would call a nature boy so my experience with this is limited. But the wife is dragging me to Wintergreen Ski Resort which is in George Washington National Forest. I plan on spending "my" time drinking hot cocoa and reading a book. But of course plan on being protected from violent hot cocoa thieves.

Anyone know the rules for carrying in a National Forest here in Virginia? OC? CC? (I have a VA CHP)

Thanks.

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I am not what you would call a nature boy so my experience with this is limited. But the wife is dragging me to Wintergreen Ski Resort which is in George Washington National Forest. I plan on spending "my" time drinking hot cocoa and reading a book. But of course plan on being protected from violent hot cocoa thieves.

Anyone know the rules for carrying in a National Forest here in Virginia? OC? CC? (I have a VA CHP)

Thanks.

It's still hunting season so either but for practical purposes since you're not hunting...Concealed with a permit.
BTW, I'm pretty sure Wintergreen is private property that just borders the NF.