• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

GOP takeover in Senate having profound effects

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
FLAG! There are dozens if not hundreds of situations in real life where people require sustenance and other forms of assistance from other people in order to survive. Can a 1 year old baby survive without the constant care of another person? No! So should we allow parents to "eliminate them" as well?

The difference between inside and outside the womb is what is truly irrelevant.

This topic should not be discussed on this forum. But don't expect to be able to drop bombs like that and go unchallenged.

TFred

It's not a question of whether a person is dependent on a person for sustenance. Since rights cannot overlap, the question is, when does a mother's pre-existing right to self-ownership no longer preclude the fetus having an absolute right to life? The obvious answer is, when its life is no longer dependent on her body, and therefore her right to self-ownership. If nature allows or technology exists to keep a fetus alive outside its mother at a given point, then a mother has a right to eject the fetus, but not to actively kill it afterwards.

ChinChin

Hijack-In_progress.jpg

p.publius

Janet Howell

Can't you NOVAites muzzle your politicians? It's worse than listening to The Osmond's over and over and over.:banana:

Last election Janet spent 1000 times more that the salary she makes as a VA senator to get elected. If I could raise that kind of money (and didn't have to hold down a real job) I'd run... :banghead:

mk4

sb484: abortion informed consent; ultrasound, passed 21 to 18, after some add'l heated debate.

2a4all

If this bill becomes law, we should expect to see an increase in the number of unwanted babies put up for adoption, or abandoned to the care of the state.

Who will be paying for these obligatory ultrasounds? Insurance companies? The mothers out of pocket? Medicaid?

Good job, Senate!

mk4

Did you say "SOME"?:lol:

:p

was interesting flipping back and forth between the 2 live feeds trying to keep track of which had more fireworks today. felt a bit like the dancing monkey! :monkey

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
:p

was interesting flipping back and forth between the 2 live feeds trying to keep track of which had more fireworks today. felt a bit like the dancing monkey! :monkey

I didn't watch the house, I was trying to concentrate on the Senate, the Dog Hunters, the counterfeit cigarette bill and set up for the committee. Looks like I missed a show:lol:

mk4

always a show...
with fightin' joe!

oh look! i made a rhyme! :lol: