Thread: New auto-opener

Activist Member

New auto-opener

I'm looking to buy a new auto knife and curious if anyone has any good suggestions? I am leanin towards a benchmade that slides out of the handle and back in with a simple slide of the button. This knife is a little pricey though, and I really don't wanna spend much money on a knife that will never be used unless it's a situation of self defense. Any ideas?

I carried an "assisted" open blade from kersaw for a while. But they're really not work knifes so I broke the tip off in no time.

Is this what you're meaning or more of a switch blade? Something that is released with the bush of a button?

Activist Member
    A push button auto opener would be ok if I found one I liked, I really want one where the blade is completely hidden, and slides in and out of the grip. You slide a lever just like on switchblades, and the blade pops up.

I purchased an end opening automatic knife at the gunshow in Louisville in December. I paid $60. It works well and the blade holds a good edge. It is a Boker knife.
    Speed is fine
    Accuracy is final

Quote Originally Posted by KYGlockster View Post
    A push button auto opener would be ok if I found one I liked, I really want one where the blade is completely hidden, and slides in and out of the grip. You slide a lever just like on switchblades, and the blade pops up.
    Ouch. I hope it's not a pocket knife, cuz I can picture someone carrying it in their pocket, then forgetting whick pocket their keys are in, patting their pocket with the knife, and then having a blade slice into their femoral artery. *cringes*
    I'm a proud openly gay open carrier~
    Trained SKYWARN spotter, and veteran Storm Chaser.
    =^.^= ~<3~ =^.^=
    Beware the Pink Camo clad gay redneck.

Activist Member
    I've carried one in my pocket for years, I never put anything in the pocket that has my knife. Most of theses have blade locks on them so they can't accident. Open., although the kind we are speaking of has a stiff spring that makes it impossible to open without intentional force. I would never put something in my pocket Yhat wasn't safe, although you would have to cut awful deep to get your femoral, however there are other things that would be bad to get cut, so never put a auto opener in your pocket without a safety; if anyone feels that's what I was implying.

I hope I never feel what you're implying.