• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Monroe area question

Ezerharden

Ok, I OC at places like Walmart, Meijer, etc. However I have not OC'd in any restaurants or other food places. I am normally on the go so I tend to be a drive through person lol. I know there are some people here from my area, so I am asking are there any places that are OC unfriendly that I should be aware of, before I find out the hard way?

Thanks for any info.

Last edited:

TheQ

Onnie, the Secretary of MOC, lives in Monroe area. If he doesn't hop on this thread, write him at "secretary@miopencarry.org"

detroit_fan

I have not ran into any problems, but onnie carries much more often and to many more places in town than i do. a week or 2 ago someone in monroe was asked to leave because they were carrying an AK (in full camo) and said a store in monroe told him to leave, but we do not know what store it was (secondhand information). We have a few of us here from monroe now, we need to organize a little get-together sometime.

Ezerharden

Yea I remember the thread abut him. I agree, a get together would be nice, maybe even do a dinner down here sometime. Maybe get together at Olga's in Mall of Monroe lol. j/k, I know they are more anti-gun than the state of IL lol. (the Mall of Monroe I mean, not Olga's. Don't know their stance on the issue.)

Last edited:

Onnie

Yea I remember the thread abut him. I agree, a get together would be nice, maybe even do a dinner down here sometime. Maybe get together at Olga's in Mall of Monroe lol. j/k, I know they are more anti-gun than the state of IL lol. (the Mall of Monroe I mean, not Olga's. Don't know their stance on the issue.)

HOP HOP HOP

I'm here, I also have no issues ocing around Monroe, but I think the mall is anti, i seen a sign a while back about "full extent of the law' unfortunately I was in a hurry and did not stop to read it all and have not been back, i only visit the mall a couple time a year at most.

I would suggest a place like big Blue ribs, dona vita, either of the two mexican joints at stewart and telegraph

I've been to all these and the food is good and with the exception of dona vita all are normal price for a dinner
Im up to any one any time i am free

Id like to get something going in monroe but keep forgetting about it

Randy

Ezerharden

HOP HOP HOP

I'm here, I also have no issues ocing around Monroe, but I think the mall is anti, i seen a sign a while back about "full extent of the law' unfortunately I was in a hurry and did not stop to read it all and have not been back, i only visit the mall a couple time a year at most.

I would suggest a place like big Blue ribs, dona vita, either of the two mexican joints at stewart and telegraph

I've been to all these and the food is good and with the exception of dona vita all are normal price for a dinner
Im up to any one any time i am free

Id like to get something going in monroe but keep forgetting about it

Randy

Last time I was at the Mall, the signs were to the effect "no weapons except as allowed by State and Federal Law" I CC there if I have to go, but I am pretty sure OC will get you invited to leave quick by the "security" there. (As a Security Officer I find them an insult to my profession)

Maybe we could do an evening get together for us Monroe people and discuss an OC dinner there in the future for the group at large, plus of course as the management if they would be willing to host one.

Also my wife works nights at Walmart in Monroe as a cashier. According to her they are OC friendly also. If you go there at night she says look her up. She will spot you by the gun lol.

Onnie

Good to know, thanks.

yea, 5/3 is anti but i did let the girls in there know I carry and carry open, i do carry in there and I CC out of respect for the girls, but i cover it up if it ACCIDENTLY comes in to view

we sure can do cracker barrel, i forgot about them

if that sound good to you we sure can do it!