Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Aldi Robbery in Milwaukee stopped by armed citizen

Aldi Robbery in Milwaukee stopped by armed citizen Nazir al Mujaahid

7:00 pm Monday Jan. 30, 2012 an attempted armed robbery at an Aldi's grocery store near 76th and Villard in the City of Milwaukee, was stopped by an armed citizen. The shotgun carrying robber may have received gunshot wounds.

http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/138374304.html

http://fox6now.com/2012/01/30/shots-...armed-robbery/

MKEgal and myself live pretty close to the scene, but there was no call for backup.

I expect the person who committed the attempted robbery will receive an apology from the city for the rude treatment they received from the customer. The robber had a shotgun, so it probably was not a legitimate concealed carry.
    Last edited by E6chevron; 02-05-2012 at 02:18 AM.
    Wis. CCL #5x Springfield XDM 3.8 Compact .40 S&W, Utah CFP

Huh... Didn't think firearms were allowed in aldi stores... Either way, score one for the "good" guy.
    "I don't really care for "cream cheese"..."

Quote Originally Posted by Mlutz View Post
    Huh... Didn't think firearms were allowed in aldi stores... Either way, score one for the "good" guy.
    First thing that came to my mind. Good thing there was an armed citizen who decided if robbers don't need to listen to signs, he doesn't either.

Concealed means concealed right? So how would any business know?

More details! Need juicy details of the citizen.

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    This is what I emailed customer service:

Your store is posted 'no firearms' but somehow a guy with a shotgun came in to rob the place. How can that be? You had a sign? Do criminals not obey them? I am shocked! There should be a law against breaking the law.

Thank God there a good guy with a gun to protect himself and get the criminal to leave. I would hope this will cause you to take down those signs because, unlike the other good guy, I don't shop at your store because you stop me from carrying.

In the news report I heard this morning the talking head was more worried about IF the good guy should have been carrying rather than how a CCW license holder thwarted an armed robbery. The liberal MKE media just loves to spin it anti at any cost.

Quote Originally Posted by tomm1963 View Post
    In the news report I heard this morning the talking head was more worried about IF the good guy should have been carrying rather than how a CCW license holder thwarted an armed robbery. The liberal MKE media just loves to spin it anti at any cost.
    Thats how I have been taking in the story also. How dare a person defend themselves or another person, bad person, bad!!!
    What part of "shall not be infringed" don't you understand?

And with proper gun control this wouldn't of happened. The criminal would have been lying on the floor making it easy for the cops to identify him!

Obviously firearms are allowed in the store otherwise the robber would have taken his shotgun elsewhere.

Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar
    Supposedly the armed customer is commenting on Jsonline here: http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwauk...54.html?page=1

ibnnaseeb - Today at 9:01 AM - Report Abuse

6 Click thumb to rate
    6 0 Please login to rate

Amazing how all the opinions come forth when you are NOT faced with a life or death situation. I didn't assume that he wouldn't kill based on how he was acting. Last year a friend of mine was killed in a robbery in a store after the robbers took the money. There is little to no sanity with criminal minded individuals.

Here are 10 Facts that are still unknown in main stream media:

1. Shooter has CCW Permit & NO criminal record.
    2. Robber had shotgun pointed at cashier's head & was getting fidgety & waving the gun at customers.
    3. Aldi had 2 security guards on duty. Both security guards were unarmed (thanks SPI)
    4. Shooter feared for his life and the life of others.
    5. Shooter measured the situation, saw no others were in line of fire, acted to save life of himself, wife, and others.
    6. It isn't fun & the robber was hit twice and was not fatally injured.
    7. Aldi does have a very small, badly placed no weapons sign on a side window that was noticed after the Police pointed it out. It was not noticeable by shooter or other customers.
    8. A number of Police officers (including detectives) thanked the shooter and appreciate that law abiding people can help themselves in life/death situations like this.
    9. It is still nerve wrecking and a sad situation where our society is heading and prayerfully we can slow our rush to judgment and maybe businesses would appreciate the law as it can help them.
    10. Cashiers were very grateful and were very shaken up because they feared losing their lives.
    11. Shooter is going to get more training at the range.

Hope that helps....... It could have been worse with us waiting on paramedics and a coroner because some idiot decided to rob a store with old people, women, and children inside!

Also:

cityboy826ityboy826 - Today at 8:50 AM - Report Abuse

That's not safer with bullets flying past women and children standing in line at the front counters. You need to experience it. I'm so sick of conservative white wing suburbanites and their yosemite sam fantasies.

ibnnaseeb - Today at 9:02 AM - Report Abuse

Oh...@cityboy826... the shooter wasn't white.
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

Quote Originally Posted by ibnnaseeb
    Oh...@cityboy826... the shooter wasn't white.
    By his name, I'd guess Arab or at least Muslim?

Edit: Someone suggested the name is intended to be read as "I been a Sea Bee". Makes sense; I didn't see that.

Still wonder as to his background. Not that it matters to the incident, only that it pertains to the stereotypes regarding gun ownership, which the man himself seemed inclined to address.
    Last edited by marshaul; 01-31-2012 at 12:08 PM.

Armed Customer Ends robbery attempt.

Armed customer ends robbery attempt
    Story Discussion Armed customer ends robbery attempt
    The Associated Press lacrossetribune.com | Posted: Tuesday, January 31, 2012 9:00 am | (32) Comments

Font Size: Default font size Larger font size
    MILWAUKEE Milwaukee police say an armed robbery attempt at a north side grocery store ended when a customer opened fire.

Authorities say a man armed with a shotgun entered an Aldi store about 7 p.m. Monday and tried to rob the store. Police say a customer pulled out a gun and fired at the suspect, who fled without any cash or merchandise.

None of the employees or customers were injured.

Police say they're investigating whether a 20-year-old man who arrived at a local hospital with a gunshot wound is connected to the robbery attempt.

Read more: http://lacrossetribune.com/news/loca...#ixzz1l3uEgLsa

I can't believe something like this happened in Milwaukee !!!!!!

Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar
    A little late to the party...

http://forum.opencarry.com/forums/sh...-armed-citizen

Already posted.
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

They had better add Aldis to the gun free zone. Then this will never happen again.

Quote Originally Posted by rimmer View Post
    They had better add Aldis to the gun free zone. Then this will never happen again.
    It is already on the list: http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ights-%28v2%29
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Hypothetical question:

1. Aldi's is posted so they have no immunity under wisconsin law.
    2. Citizen trespasses carrying a concealed firearm.
    3. Citizen shoots armed robber, wounding him.
    4, Can the armed robber sue Aldi's because he was shot on their property and they have no immunity because they posted?
    Last edited by throck; 01-31-2012 at 05:16 PM.

Sure. In Wisconsin you can sue for almost anything. Whether or not you will win is a whole different story. I suppose the other patrons could sue, but one could argue either way. Aldi's tried protecting their patrons by placing a sign at the door. At the same time the rediculous sign also endangered their patrons by create a victim zone. Fortunately somebody failed to see said sign and only hit the bad guy. Hopefully Aldi's recognizes that their stupid sign does nothing to deter bad guys and changes their policy to allow lawful carry.

Herr Heckler Koch
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobra469 View Post
    Sure. In Wisconsin you can sue for almost anything. Whether or not you will win is a whole different story. I suppose the other patrons could sue, but one could argue either way. Aldi's tried protecting their patrons by placing a sign at the door. At the same time the rediculous sign also endangered their patrons by create a victim zone. Fortunately somebody failed to see said sign and only hit the bad guy. Hopefully Aldi's recognizes that their stupid sign does nothing to deter bad guys and changes their policy to allow lawful carry.
    That "Aldi's tried protecting their patrons by placing a sign at the door." IS NOT TRUE according to the first person account by the hero shooter quoted above.

Quote Originally Posted by ibnnaseeb
    Aldi does have a very small, badly placed no weapons sign on a side window that was noticed after the Police pointed it out. It was not noticeable by shooter or other customers.[my HHK emphasis]
    Practice up on your reading skills. Between this faux pas and your just previous, FarmerGreg will put you down for your next stumble.
    Last edited by Herr Heckler Koch; 01-31-2012 at 06:16 PM. Reason: perfection

Dosen't sound like the sign was a legal posting does any one have a picture of it.

cityboy826ityboy826 - Today at 8:50 AM - Report Abuse

That's not safer with bullets flying past women and children standing in line at the front counters. You need to experience it. I'm so sick of conservative white wing suburbanites and their yosemite sam fantasies.
    "Think of the children!"
    "I am, sir. That's why I'm carrying."

Also, wasn't Yosemite Sam's fantasy to catch a certain pesky rabbit? Or was it just to be taller?

I love where the shooter comes back at cityboy and says "the shooter wasn't white". I know a couple black men that carry, one that regularly OCs...that takes some B@lls.

There need to be more like him. The "other than white" folk need self protection too...maybe even moreso than us hillbillys that live in the backwoods where no-one comes... A tip of the hat to the shooter, you did good. Now, go get some more practice at the range like you said you would.

Quote Originally Posted by E6chevron View Post
    The robber had a shotgun, so it probably was not a legitimate concealed carry.
    Aside from the fact he was committing a crime, "probably" isn't even the word for it. Legitimate concealed carry does not apply to shotguns in WI, and the fact that the robber was 20 years old also rules out the possibility.
    A. Gold

Failure to comply may result in discipline up to and including termination.
    The free man is a warrior. - Nietzsche "Twilight of the Idols"

Quote Originally Posted by paul@paul-fisher.com View Post
    This is what I emailed customer service:
    May I suggest you add something like, thank god noone got hurt, because if the were, YOU would be sued for denying customers right to self defense. and cite the that part of tthe statutes.

From what I gathered, shots were fired...

This indicates the CCer fired more than once, as there was no mention of the BG discharging his weapon. It was said the BG went into retreat. I wonder how many shots at the BG it took to blow all the glass out of every window of the exit as he ran from the CCer, (OR), if the CCer even blew the glass out. Need more facts, as this is not a very good test case for public intervention as it stands. boar out.
    The purpose of fighting is to win,
    there is no victory in defense.
    The sword is more important than the shield,
    and skill is more important than either.
    The final weapon is the brain,
    all else is supplemental.

If that guy is the shooter, he needs to shut his mouth (disconnect his keyboard).

Where he was doesn't put him in the "civil immunity" zone from the castle doctrine law.

ESPECIALLY on a forum/internet where there's going to be a long term record, and where he doesn't need to say anything. Brief statement to cops, discussion with detective with lawyer present, and assurances to family he's OK is all he should be doing.

This could backfire on us and him in a big way. This is not the example we need as the first CC justified shooting.

That said, holy brass balls man. Up against a 12 gauge armed man and he's still pissed afterwards. Good shoot.
    "I can only be held responsible for my own stupidity." - Captain Nemo

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast