• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Aldi Robbery in Milwaukee stopped by armed citizen

E6chevron

Aldi Robbery in Milwaukee stopped by armed citizen Nazir al Mujaahid

7:00 pm Monday Jan. 30, 2012 an attempted armed robbery at an Aldi's grocery store near 76th and Villard in the City of Milwaukee, was stopped by an armed citizen. The shotgun carrying robber may have received gunshot wounds.

http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/138374304.html

http://fox6now.com/2012/01/30/shots-fired-inside-aldi-store-during-attempted-armed-robbery/

MKEgal and myself live pretty close to the scene, but there was no call for backup.

I expect the person who committed the attempted robbery will receive an apology from the city for the rude treatment they received from the customer. The robber had a shotgun, so it probably was not a legitimate concealed carry.

Last edited:

Mlutz

Huh... Didn't think firearms were allowed in aldi stores... Either way, score one for the "good" guy.

HolyOrangeJuice

Huh... Didn't think firearms were allowed in aldi stores... Either way, score one for the "good" guy.

First thing that came to my mind. Good thing there was an armed citizen who decided if robbers don't need to listen to signs, he doesn't either.

Concealed means concealed right? So how would any business know?

paul@paul-fisher.com

This is what I emailed customer service:

Your store is posted 'no firearms' but somehow a guy with a shotgun came in to rob the place. How can that be? You had a sign? Do criminals not obey them? I am shocked! There should be a law against breaking the law.

Thank God there a good guy with a gun to protect himself and get the criminal to leave. I would hope this will cause you to take down those signs because, unlike the other good guy, I don't shop at your store because you stop me from carrying.

tomm1963

In the news report I heard this morning the talking head was more worried about IF the good guy should have been carrying rather than how a CCW license holder thwarted an armed robbery. The liberal MKE media just loves to spin it anti at any cost.

bigdaddy1

In the news report I heard this morning the talking head was more worried about IF the good guy should have been carrying rather than how a CCW license holder thwarted an armed robbery. The liberal MKE media just loves to spin it anti at any cost.

Thats how I have been taking in the story also. How dare a person defend themselves or another person, bad person, bad!!!:banghead:

Aknazer

And with proper gun control this wouldn't of happened. The criminal would have been lying on the floor making it easy for the cops to identify him!

TyGuy

Obviously firearms are allowed in the store otherwise the robber would have taken his shotgun elsewhere.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
Supposedly the armed customer is commenting on Jsonline here: http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwau...g-store-stickup-pb40n2m-138376554.html?page=1

[h=4]ibnnaseeb - Today at 9:01 AM - Report Abuse[/h] 6 Click thumb to rate
6 0 Please login to rate

Amazing how all the opinions come forth when you are NOT faced with a life or death situation. I didn't assume that he wouldn't kill based on how he was acting. Last year a friend of mine was killed in a robbery in a store after the robbers took the money. There is little to no sanity with criminal minded individuals.

Here are 10 Facts that are still unknown in main stream media:

1. Shooter has CCW Permit & NO criminal record.
2. Robber had shotgun pointed at cashier's head & was getting fidgety & waving the gun at customers.
3. Aldi had 2 security guards on duty. Both security guards were unarmed (thanks SPI)
4. Shooter feared for his life and the life of others.
5. Shooter measured the situation, saw no others were in line of fire, acted to save life of himself, wife, and others.
6. It isn't fun & the robber was hit twice and was not fatally injured.
7. Aldi does have a very small, badly placed no weapons sign on a side window that was noticed after the Police pointed it out. It was not noticeable by shooter or other customers.
8. A number of Police officers (including detectives) thanked the shooter and appreciate that law abiding people can help themselves in life/death situations like this.
9. It is still nerve wrecking and a sad situation where our society is heading and prayerfully we can slow our rush to judgment and maybe businesses would appreciate the law as it can help them.
10. Cashiers were very grateful and were very shaken up because they feared losing their lives.
11. Shooter is going to get more training at the range.

Hope that helps....... It could have been worse with us waiting on paramedics and a coroner because some idiot decided to rob a store with old people, women, and children inside!

• [h=4]Bob Palindrome - Today at 9:18 AM - Report Abuse[/h]
    Thanks for posting. Can you share your source for this information? In general, not specific names?

• anonymous_JSO.gif

[h=4]ibnnaseeb - Today at 9:26 AM - Report Abuse[/h]
    Err... umm, y'all talking about me...

• anonymous_JSO.gif

[h=4]hunter1970 - Today at 9:40 AM - Report Abuse[/h]
    @ibnnaseeb....Great job!!!!!!

Also:
[h=4]cityboy826ityboy826 - Today at 8:50 AM - Report Abuse[/h] That's not safer with bullets flying past women and children standing in line at the front counters. You need to experience it. I'm so sick of conservative white wing suburbanites and their yosemite sam fantasies.

[h=4]ibnnaseeb - Today at 9:02 AM - Report Abuse[/h] Oh...@cityboy826... the shooter wasn't white.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
ibnnaseeb said:
Oh...@cityboy826... the shooter wasn't white.

By his name, I'd guess Arab or at least Muslim?

Edit: Someone suggested the name is intended to be read as "I been a Sea Bee". Makes sense; I didn't see that.

Still wonder as to his background. Not that it matters to the incident, only that it pertains to the stereotypes regarding gun ownership, which the man himself seemed inclined to address.

Last edited:

JJC

Armed Customer Ends robbery attempt.

Armed customer ends robbery attempt
Story Discussion Armed customer ends robbery attempt
The Associated Press lacrossetribune.com | Posted: Tuesday, January 31, 2012 9:00 am | (32) Comments

Font Size: Default font size Larger font size
MILWAUKEE — Milwaukee police say an armed robbery attempt at a north side grocery store ended when a customer opened fire.

Authorities say a man armed with a shotgun entered an Aldi store about 7 p.m. Monday and tried to rob the store. Police say a customer pulled out a gun and fired at the suspect, who fled without any cash or merchandise.

None of the employees or customers were injured.

Police say they're investigating whether a 20-year-old man who arrived at a local hospital with a gunshot wound is connected to the robbery attempt.

Read more: http://lacrossetribune.com/news/loc...c15-11e1-87ca-001871e3ce6c.html#ixzz1l3uEgLsa

I can't believe something like this happened in Milwaukee !!!!!!

TheRock

Hypothetical question:

1. Aldi's is posted so they have no immunity under wisconsin law.
2. Citizen trespasses carrying a concealed firearm.
3. Citizen shoots armed robber, wounding him.
4, Can the armed robber sue Aldi's because he was shot on their property and they have no immunity because they posted?

Last edited:

Cobra469

Sure. In Wisconsin you can sue for almost anything. Whether or not you will win is a whole different story. I suppose the other patrons could sue, but one could argue either way. Aldi's tried protecting their patrons by placing a sign at the door. At the same time the rediculous sign also endangered their patrons by create a victim zone. Fortunately somebody failed to see said sign and only hit the bad guy. Hopefully Aldi's recognizes that their stupid sign does nothing to deter bad guys and changes their policy to allow lawful carry.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

Sure. In Wisconsin you can sue for almost anything. Whether or not you will win is a whole different story. I suppose the other patrons could sue, but one could argue either way. Aldi's tried protecting their patrons by placing a sign at the door. At the same time the rediculous sign also endangered their patrons by create a victim zone. Fortunately somebody failed to see said sign and only hit the bad guy. Hopefully Aldi's recognizes that their stupid sign does nothing to deter bad guys and changes their policy to allow lawful carry.
That "Aldi's tried protecting their patrons by placing a sign at the door." IS NOT TRUE according to the first person account by the hero shooter quoted above.

ibnnaseeb said:
Aldi does have a very small, badly placed no weapons sign on a side window that was noticed after the Police pointed it out. It was not noticeable by shooter or other customers.[my HHK emphasis]
Practice up on your reading skills. Between this faux pas and your just previous, FarmerGreg will put you down for your next stumble.

Last edited:

PistolPackingMomma

cityboy826ityboy826 - Today at 8:50 AM - Report Abuse

That's not safer with bullets flying past women and children standing in line at the front counters. You need to experience it. I'm so sick of conservative white wing suburbanites and their yosemite sam fantasies.

"Think of the children!"
"I am, sir. That's why I'm carrying."

Also, wasn't Yosemite Sam's fantasy to catch a certain pesky rabbit? Or was it just to be taller? :rolleyes: