Thread: "Am I free to go?" "Hell no!" Ranger zaps off-leash dog walker with shock weapon

Herr Heckler Koch

"Am I free to go?" "Hell no!" Ranger zaps off-leash dog walker with shock weapon

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...MN921N0LQT.DTL
    Quote Originally Posted by Jill Tucker, Chronicle staff writer Tuesday, January 31, 2012
    Hesterberg, who said he didn't have identification with him, allegedly gave the ranger a false name, Levitt said. The ranger, who wasn't identified, asked Hesterberg to remain at the scene, Levitt said. He tried several times to leave, and finally the ranger "pursued him a little bit and she did deploy her" electric-shock weapon, Levitt said. "That did stop him. [ ... ] Babcock said Hesterberg had repeatedly asked the ranger why he was being detained. She didn't answer him, Babcock said."
    Last edited by Herr Heckler Koch; 01-31-2012 at 10:21 AM.

Witnesses, walking away, unarmed, case law on the use of force....not respecting the rangerette's authority?....priceless.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by Herr Heckler Koch View Post
    Always room for more thugs in the SS.
    "For any man who sheds his blood with me this day shall be my brother...And gentlemen now abed shall think themselves accursed, they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whilst any speaks who fought with us on Crispin's day." Henry V

I guess he was a big threat walking away.

Shot in the back by the big bad ranger.

Reason 456,004 not to ever step foot in Kalifornia again.

Just think you can get tazed in the back for walking your dogs without a leash less than a month after they changed laws due to park managment changes.

I see ranger Cartman..."you will respect my authority".

Quote Originally Posted by DocWalker View Post
    I guess he was a big threat walking away.

Shot in the back by the big bad ranger.

Reason 456,004 not to ever step foot in Kalifornia again.

Just think you can get tazed in the back for walking your dogs without a leash less than a month after they changed laws due to park managment changes.

I see ranger Cartman..."you will respect my authority".

I can't say that I would have the guts to do it... but people need to start interveining in some of these cop brutality deals... sort of like at that soccer match where the cops started beating a guy who ran onto the field and the whole crowd came and started beating on the cops...

I mean, I'm not into violence, and seeing people ACTUALLY get hurt... but cops that blatently abuse authority deserve to get knocked around a bit if their higher ups aren't going to do it, then the people should step in and do it. Again, I"m not advocating real harm... and while watching the soccer video, I was hoping that people wouldn't go too far and savagely beat or kill the cops... but I sure did enjoy seeing them scamper away with their tails between their legs.....

I saw another video where a cop was laying on top of a woman with a dress on... for like 1 min. or more... and she kept covering herself up and he kept lifting her dress up.. and grinding his pelvus into her backside... I mean it was REALLY weird... someone should have grabbed his gun, held him at gunpoint, then made him strip down, and handcuffed him to the flagpole in his whitey tighties or something... you know... they need a smack down of some sort, not beat to a pulp or killed... and the group that 'takes care of biz' needs to be protected by other bystanders.
    When you put the gun in the holster, put the ego in the gun safe.

Video, video, video...

Everyone has smart phones with video capability. Rather than just standing around being "good witnesses" people need to start IMMEDIATLY holding up their cell phones, video recording away, when they see things like this going down, and then posting the vids to YouTube ASAP.

The video camera is the new musket. Except, this time, the people in the viewfinder are wearing blue instead of red...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964