• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Attempted Robbery at Aldi

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
As often the case, pretty scant information on this event but IMO, that's the way to do it: Criminal appears, crime in-progress, armed citizen(s) start shooting -- no conversations, just shoot...but HIT him for gosh sakes, don't let him (them) get away!

Otherwise, this is what should happen every time low-life street-trash try to rob any store, mug/car-jack anyone or home-invade.

Last edited:

Dreamer

If this robbery had happened in NC or WI (where most of the Aldi's are posted, for some reason), the citizen would most likely have beend charged with numerous violations, and have had their firearm seized and permit revoked.

Something to think about...

MKEgal

Someone claiming to be the lawfully-armed citizen was posting on the Journal Sentinal [local paper] story about this.
He said he didn't see the sign (which I can completely believe),
he has a license,
he was carrying concealed,
the thug was holding the shotgun to the head of the clerk,
then pointing it nervously at customers,
he evaluated what was between him & the thug, as well as what was behind the thug, & decided it was safe to shoot.
He also says he was told (? by police?) that the robber was hit twice.

This has another thread in the WI forum, as well as being in the "no need for a gun?" thread there.
Yes, several of us have already emailed Aldi pointing out that their sign didn't stop the criminal, but might have resulted in the clerk being killed if the lawfully-armed citizen had seen it & gone elsewhere.

Kivuli

I know what would've happened if it'd happened in my neighborhood, anyway. We need more citizens like him.

rscottie

North side customer ordered to meet with DA after firing at robbers

Looks like the DA is wanting to file charges against the Concealed Carrier for violating the no guns sign.

http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/138435769.html?page=1

MILWAUKEE- The customer who fired at two robbers on Milwaukee's north side Monday night could find himself in trouble.

Despite the fact he prevented a robbery at Aldi's grocery store at N. 76th and W. Villard Ave., he still had gun inside the store, where concealed carry is not allowed.

Dreamer

Looks like the DA is wanting to file charges against the Concealed Carrier for violating the no guns sign.

http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/138435769.html?page=1

MILWAUKEE- The customer who fired at two robbers on Milwaukee's north side Monday night could find himself in trouble.

Despite the fact he prevented a robbery at Aldi's grocery store at N. 76th and W. Villard Ave., he still had gun inside the store, where concealed carry is not allowed.

And heavens forbid that a Serf might actually 1) think for themselves, 2) take action without the direction of an "expert" or an "official" present, 3) be personally responsible for his own safety, and 4) value the lives and safety of his fellow serfs to be valuable enough to defend.

The DA is correct. This man should be punished to the fullest extent of the law. If we let the sheeple get away with this sort of behavior, the next thing you know they will start demanding that elected and pointed public servants actually work in the interest of the People, and we CERTAINLY can't have that...

<sarcasm OFF>

F#@% this DA.

The only thing they can charge this citizen with is "trespassing" and that's not even a very strong case, because nobody asked him to leave the property when they discovered he was lawfully armed.

If this DA goes ahead with prosecution, I hope he gets shown the door next election. And then I hope that there is a movement among the People of Milwaukee to have him disbarred. Attorneys like this are an embarrassment to an already dubious profession...