• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Richmond OC Breakfast - Sat., Feb. 4th, 2012

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
For a change of pace at another tried and true friendly location and by request we will meet, greet and eat our fill here.

Sat. Feb. 4th at 9:30 A.M. - start your day with good food, plenty of it + great conversation.

Golden Corral Buffet & Grill
1 SOUTH PROVIDENCE RD..........Directions
RICHMOND, VA 23236
(804)320-5078

XD9mmguy

i might be able to make it up that way, see what my weekend schedule looks like, long drive for me (im in Virginia beach)

be nice if there was a breakfast closer.

XDguy

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
i might be able to make it up that way, see what my weekend schedule looks like, long drive for me (im in Virginia beach)

be nice if there was a breakfast closer.

XDguy

For Golden Corral only:

1. VIRGINIA BEACH VA - INDEPEND
    400 S. INDEPENDENCE BLVD.
    VIRGINIA BEACH, VA 23452
    Phone:(757)499-6528

2. VIRGINIA BEACH, VA
    2177 UPTON DRIVE
    VIRGINIA BEACH, VA 23454
    Phone:(757)563-9020

3. VIRGINIA BEACH VA - KEMPSVILLE
    1436 KEMPSVILLE RD.
    VIRGINIA BEACH, VA 23464
    Phone:(757)467-3424

4. NORFOLK VA
    6103 N. MILITARY HIGHWAY
    NORFOLK, VA 23518
    Phone:(757)216-9577
All it takes is a post telling folks where and when you will be there ("If you post it, they will come."). If anybody shows up you are a hero. If nobody shows up you are a braver hero for going it alone.

We Richmond folks would mostly be pleased as punch to have you join us, but will understand if you decide to start your own little group.

stay safe.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I am gonna try to make it as I would like to meet everyone. Schedule can be hectic with a 6 yr old and twin 2yr olds.

Its about a 45 min drive, but its all down hill..............both ways.:lol:

Would be good to see both you and XD9mmguy if you all decide to take the ride.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
i may be able to head up that way, how many people might be going?

XDguy

Our breakfasts are much more informally planned (with a few notable exceptions) than than the dinners - typically from 7 - 12 will be there.
That and people tend to come and go throughout the morning - some arrive early and stay late.

We always find out how many we were before we leave though. :D

sidestreet

Gonna try to make this one...,

but I'm gonna miss Courtney. :(

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29 vs. 11-13

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.

scouser

You can all talk about me

.. I won't make it. It's about all I can manage getting Logan ready with snacks and juice to get to RCD for 9.45 / 10 and that's only about 5 miles from home. Traveling Southside with him I'd probably need to start getting him and his stuff ready, well .. about NOW :cool:

MSC 45ACP

I'll try to dynamite Shannon outta bed in time to get up there for this... Ain't too far from Newport News, is it?

No promises, but she likes to harass Grapeshot whenever she can, so maybe she'll be motivated to get up on a Saturday before NOON...

OOPS... Just checked "directions" link the OP posted... 1 1/2 hrs for us. Can't make this one as Spousal Unit has to work and I am transportation. Maybe next time!

msc

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I'll try to dynamite Shannon outta bed in time to get up there for this... Ain't too far from Newport News, is it?

No promises, but she likes to harass Grapeshot whenever she can, so maybe she'll be motivated to get up on a Saturday before NOON...

OOPS... Just checked "directions" link the OP posted... 1 1/2 hrs for us. Can't make this one as Spousal Unit has to work and I am transportation. Maybe next time!

msc

If you were to leave now and don't make too many deviations from the chart like passing the buoys on the wrong side its a simple day sailin' trip. OTOH you could just turn the helm over to Shannon in the morning and get some more rack time - trust her to wake you when she docks. :p

va_tazdad

a south side breakfast? Holy Cow Batman!

If I don't show for this one sidestreet will never let me live it down since it is only 2 miles from the house.

Besides, I heard Skid has a sexy new haircut.

THIS I got to see.

sidestreet

Hey river rat...,

I just got home, changing clothes now and will be heading that way with 'lil miss sidestreet.

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29 vs. 11-13

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.