Thread: Assorted holsters

Assorted holsters

So I have stumbled upon an ad for a guy selling a few holsters. And was wanting some opinions on them.
    The first is the safariland model 070.
    The second is a safariland model 1051 shoulder holster.
    He also has a nice drop leg by safariland that im considering for use while on my ATV. The gun vault he has is mine Friday as well. He's selling them all for $175. Anyone know anything about the holsters? I know it's a good deal and id be stupid not to take it. But what do you guys think? They're all for my Glock 19.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
    "I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six..."

[ Kyd: "I think I'm gonna have "13 1/2" tattooed on my shoulder..."

Me: "Why the hell would you do that?"

Kyd: "Thats one judge, 12 jurors, and a half a chance I'm gonna get off..." ]

Quote Originally Posted by J_Oliver View Post
    So I have stumbled upon an ad for a guy selling a few holsters. And was wanting some opinions on them.
    The first is the safariland model 070.
    The second is a safariland model 1051 shoulder holster.
    I would counsel against getting/using a shoulder holster if it's a horizontal carry (muzzle sweep issues). If you must carry off the belt, I'd suggest you look into a 5.11 CC shirt. It's the most comfortable carry I've ever used off the belt.
    Last edited by sawah; 01-31-2012 at 01:25 PM.
    A firearm is a tool of convenience, not effectiveness - Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Definately looking into the 5.11 shirt. Every instructor I've talked to advised against horizontal shoulder holsters as well. I'm strict about firearms safety as well as etiquette. I was considering vertical carry it just seems like it would make for an an awkward draw.

Quote Originally Posted by J_Oliver View Post
    Definately looking into the 5.11 shirt. Every instructor I've talked to advised against horizontal shoulder holsters as well. I'm strict about firearms safety as well as etiquette. I was considering vertical carry it just seems like it would make for an an awkward draw.
    I had no trouble doing a slow, controlled draw from the 5.11 shirt, and it is a vertical carry, but it depends on your body shape. If you have substantial flab it could get in the way, or push the gun out. It's not going to be a quick draw, partly because it's not easy to index your thumb in-between the velcro tabs (and it is a bit noisy). What I like is that it doesn't impede going to the bathroom, the weight bearing is quite transparent (it's well designed). Like any cross-draw situation you have to practice to make sure you aren't sweeping yourself and that your trigger finger is clear of the trigger guard. It's also great for in-car carry and for seated access.
    A firearm is a tool of convenience, not effectiveness - Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

And as far as vertical shoulder holsters?

Last edited by J_Oliver; 01-31-2012 at 01:44 PM.

I go get these holsters in a few hours if nobody has any negative reviews...