• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Assorted holsters

J_Oliver

So I have stumbled upon an ad for a guy selling a few holsters. And was wanting some opinions on them.
The first is the safariland model 070.
The second is a safariland model 1051 shoulder holster.
He also has a nice drop leg by safariland that im considering for use while on my ATV. The gun vault he has is mine Friday as well. He's selling them all for $175. Anyone know anything about the holsters? I know it's a good deal and id be stupid not to take it. But what do you guys think? They're all for my Glock 19.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

sawah

So I have stumbled upon an ad for a guy selling a few holsters. And was wanting some opinions on them.
The first is the safariland model 070.
The second is a safariland model 1051 shoulder holster.

I would counsel against getting/using a shoulder holster if it's a horizontal carry (muzzle sweep issues). If you must carry off the belt, I'd suggest you look into a 5.11 CC shirt. It's the most comfortable carry I've ever used off the belt.

Last edited:

J_Oliver

Definately looking into the 5.11 shirt. Every instructor I've talked to advised against horizontal shoulder holsters as well. I'm strict about firearms safety as well as etiquette. I was considering vertical carry it just seems like it would make for an an awkward draw.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

sawah

Definately looking into the 5.11 shirt. Every instructor I've talked to advised against horizontal shoulder holsters as well. I'm strict about firearms safety as well as etiquette. I was considering vertical carry it just seems like it would make for an an awkward draw.

I had no trouble doing a slow, controlled draw from the 5.11 shirt, and it is a vertical carry, but it depends on your body shape. If you have substantial flab it could get in the way, or push the gun out. It's not going to be a quick draw, partly because it's not easy to index your thumb in-between the velcro tabs (and it is a bit noisy). What I like is that it doesn't impede going to the bathroom, the weight bearing is quite transparent (it's well designed). Like any cross-draw situation you have to practice to make sure you aren't sweeping yourself and that your trigger finger is clear of the trigger guard. It's also great for in-car carry and for seated access.