• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dane and Milwaukee Counties made the list, 5 US urban counties lead 'Terror Hot Spots

msteinhilber

Imagine that... combined numbers of extreme left-wing vs extreme right-wing attacks which they included in their study shows the extreme left-wing FAR outweighing the extreme right-wing. Yet the left is often quick to label a perpetrator extreme right-wing when something makes the news.

Cobra469

Old news. Majority of the incidents in this report dates back to the 70's. While I find the stats interesting they have very little accuracy to the present. Notice that since the 80's terrorism has been much lower. Seems the 70's was a very violent time for our country.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

I wonder what style requirements the report was written to satisfy that allowed the incomplete citation on page 27 to (Dahl 2011) for "evidence that there have been large increases in the proportion of foiled to completed plots in the last decade."

That citation may be to The Plots that Failed: Intelligence Lessons Learned from Unsuccessful Terrorist Attacks Against the United States, DOI:10.1080/1057610X.2011.582628 Erik J. Dahl
Taylor and Francis Online said:
Abstract

While much of the focus of terrorism research is on successful terrorist attacks, the most significant lessons for terrorism prevention may come from examination of terrorist plots and attacks that do not succeed. This article analyzes 176 terrorist plots against American targets that have been thwarted or otherwise failed during the past 25 years. It considers what kinds of intelligence and security measures are most useful in counterterrorism, and argues that the conventional wisdom about why intelligence fails—because analysts and agencies are unable to “connect the dots”—is wrong. Most plots, especially domestic terrorist plots, are not foiled through imaginative analysis, but through conventional law enforcement efforts and aggressive domestic intelligence collection that reveal to authorities just what the plotters are up to.

As to the previous comment, it's a paraphrase of the reports conclusion.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...-45-terror-plots-foiled-in-last-10-years.html