• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

ATF visit someone's house to check a serial #

Gil223

I've known about that for years. They didn't tell you that when you jumped through whatever hoops you had to in order to get a permit?

If they had I wouldn't have found it noteworthy, Jack. But then, I got my first permit prior to the passage of the Brady Act. Pax...

Last edited:

Dreamer

If the BATFE is really interested in tracking down straw purchasers who sell guns to prohibited people, all they need to do is contact their own "accounts receivable" department, and those of the DEA, FBI and ICE, and ask for their OWN purchase orders from TX, AZ, and NM...

I bet they could find some that way--really fast (and furious...)

Last edited:

since9

Campaign Veteran
If the BATFE is really interested in tracking down straw purchasers who sell guns to prohibited people, all they need to do is contact their own "accounts receivable" department, and those of the DEA, FBI and ICE, and ask for their OWN purchase orders from TX, AZ, and NM...

I bet they could find some that way--really fast (and furious...)

(snicker) :lol:

Daylen

Nobody from the BATFE is EVER coming into my place without a warrant.

I wouldn't invite somebody from NAMBLA or the Klan in. The BATFE is no more welcome in my home than they are.

What do you have against Marlin Brando Look-a-likes?

Daylen

I thought it was the kids' teacher who was the NAMBLA member. Wasn't Brando doing the "Island of Dr. Moreau" thing?

National Association of Marlin Brando Look A-likes - N.A.M.B.L.A. from the episode "Cartman joins NAMBLA". The executive of the NAMBLA (the one I referenced, not "that other NAMBLA") was the same character that did the Island of dr. Moreau, and other weird scientist roles.

Last edited: