• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

One Gun a Month: "Let's be serious"

Repeater

House likely to pass one-gun-a-month repeal Wednesday
The Virginia House of Delegates is expected Wednesday to approve repealing the state's one handgun a month law with the state Senate likely to follow suit Thursday.

After significant debate Tuesday, House Bill 940, sponsored by Del. L. Scott Lingamfelter, R-Prince William, advanced on a voice vote to its final reading.

Del. Patrick A. Hope, D-Arlington, said he feared a return to the gun-running of the 1990s.

"We were the gun-running capital of the nation," he said. "Let's be serious, is one gun a month really an undue burden for our constituents?"

Yes, it is a burden. Who are you to judge, Hope?

mk4

i watched that nonsense today on the live feed.

Repeater

i watched that nonsense today on the live feed.

Then you heard Fightin' Joe:

Virginia House advances one-gun-a-month repeal
"One-gun-a-month is no longer needed," Lingamfelter said. "It has been obviated by actions of this body over the last 20 years."

But Del. Joe Morrissey, D-Henrico, said a repeal would erase nearly two decades of progress in curbing gun trafficking from Virginia to the Northeast.

"There will be nothing to stop a purchaser from purchasing nine or 10 Glocks and taking them to New York or Philadelphia and selling them for five or six times the amount," Morrissey said.

Del. Todd Gilbert, R-Woodstock, said government rationing of firearms violates the Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms. He also suggested such efforts are futile.

"Criminals, gang members, people who intend to use guns for illicit purposes will always get their hands on guns, and attempts to stop that are folly," he said.

Nine or 10 Glocks -- how awful!!

Why not 20?

Takeaway quote: "government rationing of firearms violates the Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms."

mk4

yeah, i watched his nonsense, too. :banghead:

Snazuolu

the real question is, what does the ATF do when they receive a report? how many guns does a person have to buy before the ATF goes to "discuss" it?

speed41ae

So the bad guys get 9 or 10 people to buy guns for them and do not set off any alarms. But if this passes they will be lazy and just send one guy to buy the guns and hopefully get reported and caught.

I know someone that ordered a pallet of ammunition. Someone with a badge (It was years ago and I cannot which agency it was.) knocked on his door a few days later and asked him if the ammo was for him. When he told them that it was they just said OK and left.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
5 or 6 times the amount paid for a glock??? Man, them Yankees are really stupid!

You can't be just figuring that out!:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Like the official Virginia Motto says..."Them boys ain't right!

They do like the Glocks though. They're just right for knuckles up shooting.

Old Virginia Joe

why don't they just modify it to say that only Virginia residents can purchase > 1 pistol per month here, so the dang Yankees cannot come down here and buy for the homie gangstas back in NYC? Seems like that would be the way to go . . . .

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
why don't they just modify it to say that only Virginia residents can purchase > 1 pistol per month here, so the dang Yankees cannot come down here and buy for the homie gangstas back in NYC? Seems like that would be the way to go . . . .

Cause then they'll all go to NOVA, become residents, and....reproduce:uhoh:
Then their kids will go to school, shoot a buch of people and we'll get blamed.

Last edited:

VApatriot

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Federal law already puts limits on the purchase of firearms by out-of-state individuals. A non-resident can not simply walk into a Virginia gun store and walk out with a firearm or firearms. The gun(s) have to be transferred to a dealer in the purchasers home state, correct? I can't look up a cite right now, but if someone doesn't beat me to it, I will do so when I can.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Hell, how is that any different than the present reality?

Now they go back to Da Ol Nay-ba-houd when they're done.

Hell, they already feel at home in NOVA.

"Hey Vinnie, look at the beautiful sun peeking through the smog. Just like Da Ol Nay-ba-houd. This is a Faw*ing beautiful place
":banghead:

va_tazdad

You can't be just figuring that out!:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Like the official Virginia Motto says..."Them boys ain't right!

They do like the Glocks though. They're just right for knuckles up shooting.

Actually, I was making fun of Morrissey's dumb comment.

"There will be nothing to stop a purchaser from purchasing nine or 10 Glocks and taking them to New York or Philadelphia and selling them for five or six times the amount," Morrissey said.

Is HE really that stupid to think criminals would pay that much? I know criminals are not smart, but I never met one that dumb, and I have met quite a few.

roscoe13

Campaign Veteran
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Federal law already puts limits on the purchase of firearms by out-of-state individuals. A non-resident can not simply walk into a Virginia gun store and walk out with a firearm or firearms. The gun(s) have to be transferred to a dealer in the purchasers home state, correct? I can't look up a cite right now, but if someone doesn't beat me to it, I will do so when I can.

You're basically correct, but the prohibition only applies to handguns.

Roscoe

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Actually, I was making fun of Morrissey's dumb comment.

Is HE really that stupid to think criminals would pay that much? I know criminals are not smart, but I never met one that dumb, and I have met quite a few.

All joking aside Roscoe, he is that stupid.
Think about it, a Commonwealths Attorney that engaged in not one but several fist fights in the court room. He tried to kill (The Supreme Court's words, not mine) a Contractor because he couldn't get to his job right away, then took the still breathing man to the ER where he told them he had fallen. He was disbarred and moved to Australia and got a job teaching law after telling them he was a lawyer in good standing.

I took a video of him in a Committee meeting where he discounted a VCDL members comments because "Her Country of birth was not the United States)

Yeah...He's really that stupid!