• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Found 4 more Open Carry restaurants for Idaho Open Carry dinners in Nampa & Meridian

IdahoOpenCarry

Found 4 more Open Carry restaurants for Idaho Open Carry dinners in Nampa & Meridian

I found four Open Carry restaurants that have separate areas suitable for IOC meetings, some better than others, three in Nampa, and one in Meridian. If you have eaten at any of these restaurants, I’d appreciate your opinion. If you haven’t, just stop by if you are in the area and let me know what you think.
• Darby’s at 112 13th Ave. S, Nampa, is a large restaurant lounge, with a balcony area above the main floor and they can hold from 12 to 100 people up there and will adjust the tables to meet our needs. Most of their menu ranges between 9 & 18 dollars.
• Brick 29 Bistro is in the basement of the Masonic Lodge at 320 11th Ave. S, Nampa and is an upscale restaurant with slightly higher prices and they offer a back room that is large enough for 40 people but has a curtain that can cut the room in half for a smaller group. This would probably be too expensive to hold our regular meetings but, perhaps once every 6 months or so, just to “PR” Open Carry.
• Le Baron’s Honker Café at 1210 2nd St. S, Nampa, is a small “greasy spoon” with a side area to meet for an inexpensive lunch or dinner, but I wouldn’t recommend it for a monthly meeting. This would be for only getting together with other OC’ers for an impromptu get together for a quick bite.
• Louie’s Italian Restaurant at 2500 E. Fairview Ave, Meridian, is my favorite Italian restaurant in the Treasure Valley. Very attractive place and the food is priced right. They have a separate room that holds 15 comfortably but they can squeeze in 20 if need be.
• Jalapeno’s at 1921 Caldwell Blvd, Nampa, is the sister restaurant of the Jalapeno’s in Boise (run by sisters). These are my favorite Mexican restaurants but would like to try something new to spread the PR.
I would like to schedule our third Thursday dinner at any of the above (except Honker) so I look forward to your recommendations. I’ll take be accumulating your votes and will let you know by this weekend so you can put it on your schedule.
If you have a restaurant to add to this list, please post let me know.
Tony@IdahoOpenCarry.org
208-918-0639