Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OC Breakfast or Lunch This Sunday!

OC Breakfast or Lunch This Sunday!

Seems that the employees at cabelas are up to their old tricks again. Asking OCer's to cover their firearms up. Anyone up for a breakfast or lunch meet then stroll in cabelas this Sunday? Maybe Breakfast at JJ"s in St. Charles then take a ride over to cabelas? Any takers? Any suggestions for another place to eat closer?

Quote Originally Posted by xdmcompact View Post
    Seems that the employees at cabelas are up to their old tricks again. Asking OCer's to cover their firearms up. Anyone up for a breakfast or lunch meet then stroll in cabelas this Sunday? Maybe Breakfast at JJ"s in St. Charles then take a ride over to cabelas? Any takers? Any suggestions for another place to eat closer?
    So, what exactly do you plan on doing if they tell you to cover it up, and why would you get a group to go there knowing full well they don't support it ?

Accomplished Advocate
    I gotta go a maybey on this one XD. K just got a promotion and two days later was gone. I just picked her up from the airport tonight and am actually posting this from the club in chesterfield.

I will let you know when we are much closer aka Friday or Sat. No interference from the visit with Richie, but she may want to do something if she does not have to work.

Sounds good though, I need to grab some PMC anyway.
    John C. Eastman Associate Dean of Chapman University’s School of Law "the Second Amendment, like its sister amendments, does not confer a right but rather recognizes a natural right inherent in our humanity."

I'd be in for JJ's Sunday morning, have plans for the afternoon. Steak 'n Shake in MarylandHeights would be better!
    Care to drop a ball on that one? I'll leave it to you....
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!
    Certified NRA Range Safety Officer - RSO

We haven't been to JJ's in a while so I like the idea. I need some range ammo anyways.

Depends a little on time and place, but I may be available for it too. I know my dad's been meaning to get up to Cabela's for a while too, so might get him in gear for it as well. Are JJ's or Steak 'n' Shake OC friendly?

I may be able to meet up on Sunday for breakfast or lunch, but I don't understand the purpose of organizing a group at Cabelas. In my opinion, it would be more effective to go to Bass Pro then everyone send copies of their receipts to Cabelas management and corporate with the reason why they lost sales. Just my $.02.

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheus97 View Post
    I may be able to meet up on Sunday for breakfast or lunch, but I don't understand the purpose of organizing a group at Cabelas. In my opinion, it would be more effective to go to Bass Pro then everyone send copies of their receipts to Cabelas management and corporate with the reason why they lost sales. Just my $.02.
    Good idea .

Quote Originally Posted by Tony4310 View Post
    We haven't been to JJ's in a while so I like the idea. I need some range ammo anyways.
    JJs is very OC friendly, 9:00 Am sounds good Tony!

With this and facebook I think we are set for JJs?
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!

Quote Originally Posted by Festus_Hagen View Post
    So, what exactly do you plan on doing if they tell you to cover it up, and why would you get a group to go there knowing full well they don't support it ?
    Corporate policy is to follow local law, that being said it hasn't stopped the door greeter from trying to get you to cover it up. I was only suggesting a visit their to reinforce that OC is legal their and nothing else, no one is forcing you to come Festus_Hagen.

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheus97 View Post
    I guess I should have explained this a little better, the door greeter is trying to get OCer's to cover up their firearms, all I was suggesting was a trip to cabela's to look around. OC is allowed their and we should give them business for that reason.

So, are we on for tomorrow at 9AM for breakfast or not? Who all is coming?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony4310 View Post
    So, are we on for tomorrow at 9AM for breakfast or not? Who all is coming?
    0900 JJ's, I'l lbe there!

I will be too then off for ammo and range time.

Accomplished Advocate
    Might be there, I expect to be, however, took K on the town tonight and it is flirting with 1 so not sure if these old bones will be out of bed in time for a 900 lol but if I awaken in time, I will come for grub and coffee.

I am NOT going to head over to Cabellas afterwards. We have a real good shot this year and if some anti-nut calls the popo chief wiggams the walking talking moron might use it to grab some press.

I would rather forgo it it up for the very real chance at getting it for the whole state. I just do not want to risk anything that can be twisted by the press and put pressure on the politicians.

Each may do as they see fit, I am sticking with low key through the end of session and recommend any other wanting to see OC state wide consider the same. I did not put out nearly 150 emails today to shoot myself in the foot tomorrow.
    John C. Eastman Associate Dean of Chapman University’s School of Law "the Second Amendment, like its sister amendments, does not confer a right but rather recognizes a natural right inherent in our humanity."

Quote Originally Posted by LMTD View Post
    Might be there, I expect to be, however, took K on the town tonight and it is flirting with 1 so not sure if these old bones will be out of bed in time for a 900 lol but if I awaken in time, I will come for grub and coffee.

I am NOT going to head over to Cabellas afterwards. We have a real good shot this year and if some anti-nut calls the popo chief wiggams the walking talking moron might use it to grab some press.

I would rather forgo it it up for the very real chance at getting it for the whole state. I just do not want to risk anything that can be twisted by the press and put pressure on the politicians.

Each may do as they see fit, I am sticking with low key through the end of session and recommend any other wanting to see OC state wide consider the same. I did not put out nearly 150 emails today to shoot myself in the foot tomorrow.
    100% dittos.....
    Our goal is within reach (possibly). Hang tight team!

no one is forcing you to come Festus_Hagen.
    Thanks , I thought you were gonna make me come . I appreciate the leeway .

I'm with LMTD . I'm not going to poke the sleeping bear . We have a chance at something, so I don't want to be a part of the bad press that could possibly come out of this and ruin any chance we have at making more headway in the legislature.

To some it's all about "me" though, so go ahead. Be "that guy" .

I'm with LMTD . I'm not going to poke the sleeping bear . We have a chance at something, so I don't want to be a part of the bad press that could possibly come out of this and ruin any chance we have at making more headway in the legislature.

We had breakfast at JJ's. It is a very much OK OC place. Never an issue and the LOEs there are about as good as anyone could want regarding OC.....

Accomplished Advocate
    Slept right through it, sorry I missed everyone.

My lovely maiden wanted a night out and since I had spent the entire day firing off emails and such, it was time to give her some time to have fun. Did not get to bed till near 3am perhaps 4 lol who knows, I just know I missed the coffee and grub. Will try and catch the next one.

Quote Originally Posted by mspgunner View Post
    We had breakfast at JJ's. It is a very much OK OC place. Never an issue and the LOEs there are about as good as anyone could want regarding OC.....
    That's great !

What about Cabela's ? ( That's what I was talking about .)

Slept right through it, sorry I missed everyone.
    Same here. I spent all day Saturday moving and was exhausted by the time sleep rolled around. Didn't wake up until about 11am.

Glad to hear it went well! I'll certainly be at Starbucks on the 14th for the Buycott though.
    Last edited by Oramac; 02-06-2012 at 12:41 PM.

Thanks Festus_Hagen I like how exercising my rights makes me "that guy". Do you exercise your rights? If so you are "that guy" also. Its always the ones that turn what you say around that never "show up" to any of the OC meets or dinners. So by your account I shouldn't open carry at Cabela's? Then what is this group about? I OC everywhere I can legally, and just because the door greeter at Cabela's doesn't like it isn't going to stop me. Sorry you do not like me exercising my rights, but they are mine and I exercise them everyday.

I exercise them everyday.
    Same here.

If I recall, I was just wondering what you were gonna do if they asked you to cover it up . Don't know why your panties are all wadded up.

Fact is though I'm not going to a place that I know they are going to hassle me because they already have. I'm going to write corporate, get it in writing I can do it, THEN go show the boss of the "greeter lady" the RULES . Making a scene, however right you think you are, is not a good thing for OC . It's bad press, poor form, and just disrespectful IMO . Not sure what you were gonna do to the door greeter, but whatever . That's my opinion only . Yours apparently is different.

You do it your way, I'll do it mine I guess.
    Last edited by Festus_Hagen; 02-07-2012 at 03:57 PM.

Accomplished Advocate
    You do it your way, I'll do it mine I guess.
    XD is a cool cat under fire, remains polite, simply request confirmation of policies etc. I have no worries about his interaction, I was more worried on the response of say 10 OC'ers at once seeming like some sort of protest or creating undue alarm and the police cheif in that muni is on written record violating the law and makes no bones about it. If called there, they might illegally seize every single persons firearms or call the press as well and show boat etc.

This conversation has happened with two extremely similar approaches to OC that has been skewed by written words, I know, I have met and talked with both of you a lot, you are no where nearly as far apart as you might think.

I can assure you, either of you confronted would say "Ma'am I am sorry you are misunderstanding, cabellas corproate polcices are to follow the local laws and I am not checking my firearm as it is not here for service and it will not be leaving my holster at any time in this store unless my life is threatened."

Same team, same attitude, just post in printed words. time for a group hug lmao kumbya kumbya lol.

I was more worried on the response of say 10 OC'ers at once seeming like some sort of protest or creating undue alarm and the police cheif in that muni is on written record violating the law and makes no bones about it. If called there, they might illegally seize every single persons firearms or call the press as well and show boat etc.
    You read my mind.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast