• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Breakfast or Lunch This Sunday!

xdmcompact

Seems that the employees at cabelas are up to their old tricks again. Asking OCer's to cover their firearms up. Anyone up for a breakfast or lunch meet then stroll in cabelas this Sunday? Maybe Breakfast at JJ"s in St. Charles then take a ride over to cabelas? Any takers? Any suggestions for another place to eat closer?

Festus_Hagen

Seems that the employees at cabelas are up to their old tricks again. Asking OCer's to cover their firearms up. Anyone up for a breakfast or lunch meet then stroll in cabelas this Sunday? Maybe Breakfast at JJ"s in St. Charles then take a ride over to cabelas? Any takers? Any suggestions for another place to eat closer?
So, what exactly do you plan on doing if they tell you to cover it up, and why would you get a group to go there knowing full well they don't support it ?

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
I gotta go a maybey on this one XD. K just got a promotion and two days later was gone. I just picked her up from the airport tonight and am actually posting this from the club in chesterfield.

I will let you know when we are much closer aka Friday or Sat. No interference from the visit with Richie, but she may want to do something if she does not have to work.

Sounds good though, I need to grab some PMC anyway.

mspgunner

I'd be in for JJ's Sunday morning, have plans for the afternoon. Steak 'n Shake in MarylandHeights would be better!
Care to drop a ball on that one? I'll leave it to you....

Oramac

Depends a little on time and place, but I may be available for it too. I know my dad's been meaning to get up to Cabela's for a while too, so might get him in gear for it as well. Are JJ's or Steak 'n' Shake OC friendly?

Morpheus97

I may be able to meet up on Sunday for breakfast or lunch, but I don't understand the purpose of organizing a group at Cabelas. In my opinion, it would be more effective to go to Bass Pro then everyone send copies of their receipts to Cabelas management and corporate with the reason why they lost sales. Just my $.02.

Festus_Hagen

I may be able to meet up on Sunday for breakfast or lunch, but I don't understand the purpose of organizing a group at Cabelas. In my opinion, it would be more effective to go to Bass Pro then everyone send copies of their receipts to Cabelas management and corporate with the reason why they lost sales. Just my $.02.
Good idea . ;)

xdmcompact

So, what exactly do you plan on doing if they tell you to cover it up, and why would you get a group to go there knowing full well they don't support it ?

Corporate policy is to follow local law, that being said it hasn't stopped the door greeter from trying to get you to cover it up. I was only suggesting a visit their to reinforce that OC is legal their and nothing else, no one is forcing you to come Festus_Hagen.

xdmcompact

I guess I should have explained this a little better, the door greeter is trying to get OCer's to cover up their firearms, all I was suggesting was a trip to cabela's to look around. OC is allowed their and we should give them business for that reason.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Might be there, I expect to be, however, took K on the town tonight and it is flirting with 1 so not sure if these old bones will be out of bed in time for a 900 lol but if I awaken in time, I will come for grub and coffee.

I am NOT going to head over to Cabellas afterwards. We have a real good shot this year and if some anti-nut calls the popo chief wiggams the walking talking moron might use it to grab some press.

I would rather forgo it it up for the very real chance at getting it for the whole state. I just do not want to risk anything that can be twisted by the press and put pressure on the politicians.

Each may do as they see fit, I am sticking with low key through the end of session and recommend any other wanting to see OC state wide consider the same. I did not put out nearly 150 emails today to shoot myself in the foot tomorrow.

mspgunner

Might be there, I expect to be, however, took K on the town tonight and it is flirting with 1 so not sure if these old bones will be out of bed in time for a 900 lol but if I awaken in time, I will come for grub and coffee.

I am NOT going to head over to Cabellas afterwards. We have a real good shot this year and if some anti-nut calls the popo chief wiggams the walking talking moron might use it to grab some press.

I would rather forgo it it up for the very real chance at getting it for the whole state. I just do not want to risk anything that can be twisted by the press and put pressure on the politicians.

Each may do as they see fit, I am sticking with low key through the end of session and recommend any other wanting to see OC state wide consider the same. I did not put out nearly 150 emails today to shoot myself in the foot tomorrow.

100% dittos.....
Our goal is within reach (possibly). Hang tight team!

Festus_Hagen

no one is forcing you to come Festus_Hagen.
Thanks , I thought you were gonna make me come . I appreciate the leeway .

I'm with LMTD . I'm not going to poke the sleeping bear . We have a chance at something, so I don't want to be a part of the bad press that could possibly come out of this and ruin any chance we have at making more headway in the legislature.

To some it's all about "me" though, so go ahead. Be "that guy" .

mspgunner

Thanks , I thought you were gonna make me come . I appreciate the leeway .

I'm with LMTD . I'm not going to poke the sleeping bear . We have a chance at something, so I don't want to be a part of the bad press that could possibly come out of this and ruin any chance we have at making more headway in the legislature.

To some it's all about "me" though, so go ahead. Be "that guy" .

We had breakfast at JJ's. It is a very much OK OC place. Never an issue and the LOEs there are about as good as anyone could want regarding OC.....

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Slept right through it, sorry I missed everyone.

My lovely maiden wanted a night out and since I had spent the entire day firing off emails and such, it was time to give her some time to have fun. Did not get to bed till near 3am perhaps 4 lol who knows, I just know I missed the coffee and grub. Will try and catch the next one.