• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

First "gun busters" sign I've EVER seen in Maryland--at a Navy Federal Credit Union..

Dreamer

First "gun busters" sign I've EVER seen in Maryland--at a Navy Federal Credit Union..

I've been living here since October, (and lived in VA and worked in MD for over 10 years, previously to living in NC) and I had NEVER seen a "gun busters" sign of any type in ANY commercial establishment--until today.

I went to the Rockville MD branch of Navy Federal Credit Union to deposit some checks, and I saw this in the window:

425393_3245004808825_1378034894_3266987_1311880989_n.jpg

Really? In Maryland? In Rockville MD? In Montgomery County, MD?

It's nearly impossible to get an "unrestricted" carry permit in MD, and the MD State Police have testified in the General Assembly that the vetting process they use for issuing MD permits is SO stringent that they can't trust ANY other state's permits to meet MD requirements. You'd think that would assure business like NFCU that permit holders in MD were top-notch, law-abiding citizens and TOTALLY trustworthy--the MSP seems to think they are LIGHT YEARS ahead of carry permit holders from ANY other state in the Union.

And besides, in Rockville, Open Carry (although LEGAL under MD State law if you have a MD permit) is prohibited under a Municipal Code that outlaws "public display of a firearm".

And MoCo has a similar County Code...

So why on earth does NFCU feel the need to post their branch in Rockville. There are fewer than 200 "citizens" in the ENTIRE state of MD (by most educated estimates) that have "unrestricted" permits--and MOST of them are officers of the Court, elected officials (generally VERY anti-2A ones at that) and very wealthy public figures.

Apparently, either the folks at Rockville NFCU are clueless as to the reality of how many people can legally carry in MD, or they are TOTALLY hip to the fact that the vast majority of the kinds of people who CAN get permits in MD are sociopathic "insider" white-collar criminal types like Baltimore Circuit Court Clerk Frank M. Conaway Sr. and Maryland State Senator Brian Frosh. I sure as heck wouldn't want any of THOSE people in MY business--armed or not...

So what is up with the "gun busters" sign in the Rockville NFCU? Are other NFCU's posting now? Last I heard, the NFCUs in 2A-friendly states like VA and NC were not posting, and some were carry-friendly and some had real a$$hats for managers.

I'm just curious. I've got an email out to them this evening, asking for an explanation as to why they feel the need to post in a jurisdiction where carry is prohibited to 99.999% of the population anyway, and is for all intents and purposes illegal...

Last edited: