• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

open carry meet up

timf343

Campaign Veteran
I'm also in. But if you want to meet earlier...

If anyone isn't a fan of the Super Bowl and would like to meet up tomorrow, me and DONT TREAD ON ME will be at the DUI Checkpoint on West Flamingo and we will of course be open carrying. The cops told the media it is at Decatur, but in reality, the checkpoint will be further west on Flamingo, just past Lindell at Duneville. We'll be hanging out at the checkpoint for a short time to evaluate whether police are obeying the law. Out of the last 20 checkpoints I have visited, they only had ONE that was legal. When we find illegal checkpoints, we notify the supervisor of the problems and then get out our "POLICE AHEAD" signs and warn oncoming traffic. For this task we will likely move down to Decatur so drivers have ample time to read & understand the signs before reacting.

Based on my reconnaissance, I would guess this checkpoint will not be setup compliant to state law. The law requires warning signs be posted 750 ft prior to the ENTRANCE to the checkpoint, which is arguably the last legal turn before you are forced to go through the checkpoint. Police argue the ENTRANCE to the checkpoint is the stop sign at the very end of it. I'm not sure if they understand the definition of that word, but they haven't gotten it yet....we'll see tomorrow. If police block the left turn between Lindell & Duneville, this puts the requirement for the first warning signs back 750 ft before Lindell. If they don't block that left turn, they're furthest measured distance puts them at least 300 feet short. Either way, based on the evidence currently at hand, the checkpoint will be out of compliance.